Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 21 Dec 2019
  • Here's a video of a new pellet adapter for a Weber kettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=NR0oKzpVtmk&feature=emb_logo
  • #2 by cookingjnj on 21 Dec 2019
  • Thanks for sharing this.  Interesting set up.  I have a couple of kettle grills myself, one being a Weber.  With that said, although this looks interesting, I will keep my pits set the way they are now so they can do what they do best.  My pellet cooker for the low/slow and medium temp cooks, my kettles for those cooks needing high temps, and my gasser to act as a stainless steel shelving unit on the deck to hold things coming off the other pits (hahaha). 

Will be interested to hear if anyone has tried this device and feedback.
  • #3 by triplebq on 21 Dec 2019
  • I like it. If I had a Weber Kettle and it was my only pit, this would be a great mod. One could use the Kettle for normal grilling and low/slow pellet cooking. Also for $279 the price doesn't seem to be that bad.
  • #4 by Brushpopper on 21 Dec 2019
  • I like it too.  Of course, the first thing I did was get on Craigslist and look for a 22" Weber  Then I remembered I don't need another grill and should be selling at least one or both of the ones I have since I bought the Pitts and Spitts 850.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 21 Dec 2019

•  Interesting. Unfortunately, the inner workings were not displayed and the RTG seemed to be in the way..Then there was smoke coming from the hopper.  Just my wheels turning.
  • #6 by Bentley on 21 Dec 2019
  • Do you remember the Stoven?...We wanted to PT it on Pelletheads, but neither Larry nor I had a Weber!  Mnn, that was about 10 years ago!
  • #7 by pmillen on 21 Dec 2019
  • Bentley, I remember it well.  A very active member on another forum was quite taken with his.  But he had other pits and the use seemed to drop off.

John, yep the smoke coming from the hopper got my wheels turning, too.
Pages:
Actions