Recipe Section > Beef

Beef Ribs

<< < (2/5) > >>

pmillen:

--- Quote from: sschorr on December 20, 2019, 01:22:19 PM ---I've got some I just dry brined, although these are already cutup

--- End quote ---

Please post your recipe and results.

yorkdude:
Holy smokes.
1. The view, terrible.
2. The cigar, terrible.
3. The drink, terrible.
What did you cook again?
Wow, FANTASTIC, who cares about the cook.

pmillen:
A.  You must be hardy to be able to endure that winter.

B.  The ribs look great.

C.  I had a bit of a stall, too.  In fact the internal temperature would sometimes drop a degree.  I hate wrapping ... so didn't.  After reading your comments I've concluded that it might be advisable.

Bar-B-Lew:
I lived in Chula Vista for about 15 months about 90 minutes south of you but I had the view of the mountains and a golf course versus your ocean view.  I miss that climate.  It was 20 years ago.  My only New Year's Eve/Day outside in shorts (comfortably) in my life.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: sschorr on December 21, 2019, 02:21:45 PM ---Thanks all.  BBL, I had the reverse sort of.  Lived in Chicago for 4 years, then Sat. Louis for 6 years.  I only miss the cold and snow just the week of Xmas/New Years, otherwise “ugh”. 

On the ribs, the problem with wrapping is having a decent place to insert a temp probe given the already separated ones I had.  Next time I think I’ll start them a couple of hours sooner.  If they finish early, I can always FTC or into a warmed oven until serving.

--- End quote ---

Haha...First 22 years of my life in Eastern PA, then 4+ in Memphis, 18 months in Colorado Springs, 15 months in Chula Vista, and 15 years north of Chicago, before the last 4.5 back in Eastern PA.  I've seen quite a few climates and time zones.  I remember people in San Diego telling me that there was 4+ climate zones within 30 or so miles of San Diego...crazy to think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View