Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by kclonn on 24 Dec 2019
  • Hi, I am Keith and recently moved to Kona Hawaii from Scappoose, Oregon. Now I dont need to worry about the weather to fire up the pellet grill. I have  been grilling for about 45 years, but bought a Green Mountain Grill in 2010 and now my Weber gets a lot less use. My new neighbor just gave me some marlin he caught, so I will be looking for a good way to smoke that.  I'm glad I found this forum. I missed the old Pelletheads.
  • #2 by jdmessner on 24 Dec 2019
  • Welcome from Michigan, something tells me your winter will be a bit different than mine! Sounds like you have a great new neighbor!! Looking forward to pictures.
  • #3 by pmillen on 24 Dec 2019
  • Welcome back.  It would be great if you could post some Hawaiian recipes converted to the pellet pit.  The only one I have is Huli-Huli Chicken.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 25 Dec 2019

•  A warm welcome Keith! What a wonderful place you moved to. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • #5 by cookingjnj on 25 Dec 2019
  • Welcome from the East Coast (NJ).  I wish we could have your weather right now.  Although saying that it is almost 50 degrees and sunny....on Christmas Day.  I will take that now too.
  • #6 by Brushpopper on 26 Dec 2019
  • Howdy from Texas.  Glad you found PF.
  • #7 by Mudflap on 28 Dec 2019
  • Welcome to Pellet Fan from Harrisburg Oregon. Wow that's quite the change in location. Be able to enjoy the grill a lot more for sure.

Mudflap
  • #8 by Th3Batman86 on 30 Dec 2020
  • Hello from Albany Oregon!
  • #9 by triplebq on 31 Dec 2020
  • Welcome to the group.
  • #10 by urnmor on 31 Dec 2020
  • welcome
  • #11 by dk117 on 03 Jan 2020
  • welcome, Scappoose might be an hours drive but as the crow flies we were practically neighbors (Vancouver, WA).

Anyway, you've just made the dream move in my wife and my eyes.  Perfect weather, reasonable pricing, friendly culture, ton's of outdoor activities, Kona has it all.   I might have to pester you for some details via PM. 

Good luck!
  • #12 by MaytagMan on 05 Jan 2020
  • Hi and welcome from Northern California!
Pages:
Actions