Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2019
  • Kristin has decided to put in a Hot Tub, no time machine in this one.  I was so excited to hear the news I almost got the site for the concrete pad done in one day.  I also found out if you are fat and out of shape and you use a shovel, later, you get really bad oblique muscle cramps that will literally take you to the ground.  Supposed to be a 5 person, but it appears it will hold 2 fine.

Pictures of the Evil Cramp inducing hole tomorrow!

• #2 by BigDave83 on 26 Dec 2019
  • almost bought one a few years ago the GF at the time was excited about it until she mentioned it to my chiropractor and he told that is not something I should use with my health issues.

Hope you enjoy it.
  • #3 by ofelles on 26 Dec 2019
  • Some times that happens if you're really out of shape and fat just looking at the shovel then picking it up! :P
  • #4 by pmillen on 26 Dec 2019
  • You have plenty of Gatorade around.  It's my cure for those cramps.  Even the night leg cramps.
  • #5 by Bentley on 27 Dec 2019
  • I am down to my last 6, will have to switch over to crystal lite I guess!  They lasted a pretty long time!

You have plenty of Gatorade around.  It's my cure for those cramps.  Even the night leg cramps.

• #6 by Brushpopper on 27 Dec 2019
  • My brother has a portable hot tub and he really enjoys it.  Especially after using something like a shovel.  I try to avoid having to dig a hole and tell my wife I can't get it to start because I broke the starter rope.  She hasn't bought that excuse yet.
  • #7 by hughver on 27 Dec 2019
  • My get up and go, got up and went years ago. Now days I just call the "Guy" to fix things that need a shovel.   :D
  • #8 by GREG-B on 27 Dec 2019
  • You have plenty of Gatorade around.  It's my cure for those cramps.  Even the night leg cramps.

I used to get Charlie horses in my legs for most of my life, only they weren't specifically at night.  Could come on most anytime until my wife got me on a regiment of potassium and magnesium.  Now, I'm about 99.9% free of them. Of course, Gatorade definitely tastes better. :rotf:
  • #9 by dk117 on 27 Dec 2019
  • I joined poolspaforum.com about the same time I joined PH.    Nothing like our community here, but there are a few folks who will answer questions for you.

I guess that puts our hot tub at a little over 10 years old.  It's kind of like the life as boat owner, the two best days are the day you purchase it and the day you sell it.  Or more accurately, we used it constantly first year, and then less and less every year.   We're once a week on cool fall evenings, then once a month for rest of year. 

Still, I hope you two enjoy yours, they do have great healing properties. 
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Dec 2019
  • We went on the cruise two days after I dislocated my shoulder and I used the ship's spa a few times.  It worked really well on my shoulder and helped loosen things up.  I am also just full of arthiritis and it sure helped that also.  Maybe I will get tired of it, but right now it seems like it would be lovely to spend some time in it each night.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 27 Dec 2019
  • We had a 6 seater portable tub at our old house and we used the heck out of it. We are thinking of another one but it would be expensive because we have a 10* slope everywhere that would be feasible. In our opinion they are fantastic, trying to figure out how we can do it again and incorporate the deck area etc.
  • #12 by yorkdude on 27 Dec 2019
  • We went on the cruise two days after I dislocated my shoulder and I used the ship's spa a few times.  It worked really well on my shoulder and helped loosen things up.  I am also just full of arthiritis and it sure helped that also.  Maybe I will get tired of it, but right now it seems like it would be lovely to spend some time in it each night.
    My wife has arthritis and she just melted into it. Don’t know if they are good or bad but they dang sure make the old bones better.
  • #13 by Bentley on 27 Dec 2019
  • I know I would be in right now if it were here.  If that hole was filled with 105° water I would be in it right now.  Will position the tub so you enter it from the patio, the 1st picture.  Will probably have to put a hand rail for getting in and out.  Front of tub will face the tree.

• #14 by yorkdude on 27 Dec 2019
  • I know I would be in right now if it were here.  If that hole was filled with 105° water I would be in it right now.  Will position the tub so you enter it from the patio, the 1st picture.  Will probably have to put a hand rail for getting in and out.  Front of tub will face the tree.

Well its been nice talking with you. Once you have that it’ll be “radio silence “.
  • #15 by Bentley on 27 Dec 2019
  • Anyone know the answer to this?  I have a 8' X 7', 4 inch non rebared(sp), 4000 psi concrete slab, on a hard clay compacted substrata with 2 inches of 5/8 inch gravel. 

How much weight will this hold?
Pages:
Actions