Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2020
  • Did not know about the clorine and the pumps, so will have to be careful with that.  The ph is a bit high, and we are struggling to get the chlorine to register without dding the liquid.  If we can get the salt system to start making the correct does of chlorine, I think we will be OK!
  • #62 by Bentley on 09 May 2020
  • Our water has never registered free chlorine (cl) when tested.  The only time it does is right after liquid cl is added.  We have been battling water condition from the get go.  The salesman that set it up tested for "hardness" and it came out at about 150ppm, he said oh, that fine.  We later come to find out it was supposed to be under 75ppm and ideal is 50ppm.  The whole salesman set up the water, that is another story.  So we do a little research and we use this $55 Vanishing Act pillow, it is supposed to soften the water, which it does.  But then we are told we do not have the ph and alkalinity right.  While trying to get this all dialed in, we have added more water over this time.  Well I have been dealing with the factory for the last week, they say you are not going to get the Salt Cartage to produce cl till the water is the correct softness and the other levels are correct. 

So I go buy this unit, our water seems to test out of the well at about 225ppm.  We seems to be able to control the water like it was a pool, so I am trying to determine if I just want to do that for a few more months, adding water as we lose it.  We add about 25 gals a month.  Afraid that will take to long, so as soon as winter ends here in Mayberry I guess I will drain and start the process over AND do it correctly this time.

This thing is pretty cool.  I guess they are made for RV's, but at our hardness, it will generate about 1100 gallons before it needs to be recharged.  It is recharged by adding 4 can of salt (whats that $2?) and the resin last for 7 years!  My kind of product!

Anyone that sees this and has one of thes On the Go...How long can it sit without having water go through it and still be viable?  That one I cant seem to get data on, and we will only need to fill spa about every 4-6 weeks to top off!

• #63 by ZCZ on 09 May 2020
  • The whole thing with trying to maintain the proper PH was the reason I finally got rid of the one we had years ago.  Got tired of chasing my tail.  The never ending story of "too much", "not enough", "too much", "not enough" got old after a while.
    Hope you can get it figured out for many years of enjoyment.

Al
  • #64 by Bentley on 09 May 2020
  • I will start fresh, with the correct soft water, and get the rest of the water balanced.  I will then give the Salt system another try, and if it does not work, I will shut it off and treat it just like a little pool.  Not that hard to keep 300 gallons of water intact!

I do know that the well water is to hard, it will have adverse consequences on motors and pumps if not corrected, so I take no issue with having to by the water softener!
  • #65 by dk117 on 09 May 2020
  • a bit over 10 years spa owner.   Hard water where we live.  I've seized two pumps an ruined two covers.  I can keep the water crystal clear with chlorine, but  cannot get the PH right.  My spa repair guy likes me as I have to call him every few years to rebuild or replace my pumps. 

Gotta be honest, I don't even try anymore.   Clear water with chlorine and Matt the spa guy can take care of the rest.  Pumps aren't that bad $$.
  • #66 by Bentley on 09 May 2020
  • Have been told if the water is not the correct Grains per million (gpm/softness) there is not way you will be able to balance the rest of the water.  Will see.  This unit cost $250 and cost $2 to charge and that is good for 1100 gallons. Then $2 more and $2 more, etc for 7 years.  Will let you know if it works, you may be interested!
  • #67 by okie smokie on 10 May 2020
  • Anyone know the answer to this?  I have a 8' X 7', 4 inch non rebared(sp), 4000 psi concrete slab, on a hard clay compacted substrata with 2 inches of 5/8 inch gravel. 

How much weight will this hold?
    Why did you not use rebar?  Clay expands when wet and contracts when dry. I had a house built on clay/shale base and was told by the contractor to keep the soil moist around the foundation. I did not do that during a summer drought and sure enough the foundation cracked and shifted. Had to sink peers and jack it up. Soo my unsolicited advice is to just keep it moist. If you have a sprinkler system that would help. Having said all that--since it is 4 inches thick, and small, it might not crack at all.  :2cents:
  • #68 by Bentley on 10 May 2020
  • Because I used a Concrete Wire Mesh type of material and made it 5 inches thick!  Not worried about the ground settling!
  • #69 by okie smokie on 10 May 2020
  • Did not know about the wire mesh. So forget that comment. Wire mesh should be more than adequate in that small slab.  Looks like a great tub. 
Pages:
Actions