Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Trooper on 02 Jan 2020
  • Pork tenderloins are somewhat of a small hunk of meat but they can still be stuffed quite easily.
    I purchased a twin pack the other day and after paper toweling them down, I tied about 2 inches of the tail to the side of the loins. I then slit the remaining body open to place the stuffing.
    In the past, I've stuffed tenderloins with a variety of fruit (apple, raisins, dried cherries etc.)

I had in the frig a quantity of Holiday fruit. Although it was specifically for making Holiday breads, I figured I'd stuff the tenderloins with some.
    Hey, it cant hurt anything. The Holiday fruit concoction consisted of orange peel, apple, cherries, lemon peel, pineapple, etc.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

And I spooned some into the opening in the Tenderloins. I then closed the opening and secured the slit with toothpicks. I then took twine and stitched things shut in the fashion as shown.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Prior to placing of the Advantage the they were season with some Bone Suckin' brand Seasoning & Rub and then plopped on to a 275 degree Advantage.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

As a Christmas gift, one of the kids had gotten me some Cherry Barbecue Sauce as a gift and decided portion some out and add teriyaki sauce to thin, and then baste the tenderloins with this once they reached a IT of 120°.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Took them off the grates at 149° and they turned out quite decent. The fruit was a little sweet, but very workable.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

This certainly isn't a spectacular cooking event by any means. I just decided to put this topic and photos out there to give some one idea on how simple stuffing a pork tenderloin can be.
  • #2 by jdmessner on 02 Jan 2020
  • Looks great Trooper! Any pictures of it sliced? Loved the way you tied them, especially the tail to the loin. Happy New Year to you and Bonnie.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Jan 2020
  • Looks good.  Wonder if you could soak the fruit overnight in port or sweet sherry or brandy and then stuff. 
  • #4 by pmillen on 02 Jan 2020
  • Interesting cook.  Clever closure.

This is a recipe that I can follow.

Thanks
  • #5 by yorkdude on 02 Jan 2020
  • Interesting cook.  Clever closure.

This is a recipe that I can follow.

Thanks
    Very clever, nicely done.
  • #6 by Bentley on 02 Jan 2020
  • What an interesting cook and concept and Fine Truss work!
Pages:
Actions