Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 20 Jan 2020
  • Can any LG700 owner tell me exactly how wide the LG700 barrel is?  Just the width will do.  Gonna see if I can modify their insulation jacket to my Rec Tec 590.  It seems now that none of the pellet smoker companies publish their actual dimensions. They will give you square inches of cooking space, but won't tell you how wide the barrel is. ? Would appreciate this info. Thanks in advance.
  • #2 by okie smokie on 21 Jan 2020
  • saw this on Rec Tec's website:

https://www.rectecgrills.com/rt-590-support
    I know that as I have the 590.  It is the LG700 that I need the width (of the barrel) of.  ?
  • #3 by Canadian John on 21 Jan 2020
  •  
     I have looked and couldn't come up with an exact dimension. Got to be close to 27".

Best call Louisiana Support: 877-303-3134.

I would be interested how you make out.
  • #4 by okie smokie on 21 Jan 2020
  • I apologize, I misread the question.
    Thanks anyhow, appreciate your help.  I found that the LG 700 is around 27"  I had called Danson today and the rep was surprised that they don't list those particulars any more. So she went and measured and it was 27". Then said she had an idea that the Pit Boss 820 series might be about 30"  so she went and measured and found that the barrel is 29.5"  Close enough for me.  I found the blanket for this smoker and ordered it.  It will fit nicely in front except will have to make some small widening for the handles (easy to do), and then figure out how to cut the holes in the back for the vents. I can attach the anchoring magnets inside with some hardware (large recessed washer and recessed bolts). It will be a Rube Goldberg, but will look Ok IMO.  Will get back to this thread when and if job is done.  Stay tuned--
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 22 Jan 2020
  • mine is 27 inches
  • #6 by okie smokie on 22 Jan 2020
  • Got it, 27" for the 700.  Thanks to all.
Pages:
Actions