Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by triplebq on 25 Jan 2020
  • My neighbor game me a rabbit and I want to put it on the smoker. Anyone ever done a rabbit?
  • #2 by pmillen on 25 Jan 2020
  • Fried like chicken many times.  Never smoked one.
  • #3 by GREG-B on 25 Jan 2020
  • SWMBO said if I want to eat Thumper get a new wife.  No Thumper in our menu. :-[
  • #4 by hughver on 25 Jan 2020
  • That's like a long time ago when I was preparing to go deer hunting, one of my daughters said "you're going to shoot Bambi". Long story short, I saw lots of deer but didn't fire my rifle.
  • #5 by GREG-B on 26 Jan 2020
  • Funny story.  Many moons ago my brother and I were pheasant hunting and we both crossed over a barbed wire fence, him first, then me.  A ruckus behind me so I turned expecting a pheasant.  Nope, Thumper (cotton tail) before I realized it, I had bagged Thumper.  Now my brother didn't live with her so he promised me that to all involved, he did the dirty deed.   :rotf: 50 years later, it' still our secret.
  • #6 by Bobitis on 27 Jan 2020
  • Blanch some spinach and fill the gut cavity with as much as you can (season 1st of course). Add rub to the outside of the rodent and wrap it up in bacon. Rabbit is so lean that you would die if that's all you ate. Cook at 275 until bacon is crispy and quarter before serving.
  • #7 by elenis on 05 Feb 2020
  • Rabbit is so incredibly lean that you would have to add some sort of fat for it to work on the smoker. You could probably bacon wrap it or something. I have never cooked rabbit on the pellet smoker. I like to confit it in duck fat and then if I want to add smokiness I use my Breville smoke gun.
Pages:
Actions