Here's How I.... > Cook Everything Else (Pizza, Appetizers, Desserts, etc)

Philly Cheese Steak Fatty

(1/2) > >>

rfinley:
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, I've made changes, so after posting in What's Cooking for Super Bowl thought I would add how I put it together. I put it in a word document that I have had since I got our Daniel Boone 2013, I think......

Place 3 whole Steak patties over lapping each other on a piece of foil. I could not find Steak patties so I use
shaved steak that is prepackaged at our local grocery store.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Pick up a 1/4 pound of provolone cheese from the deli.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Place 3 slices of the provolone on top of the steak. This is the staved steak that I use.....
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Preheat a skillet and put in 3 more pieces of steak. Now after you get them broke up add some chopped onions and green peppers.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Place your steak, onions and pepper in the freezer for 10 mins. or so to cool them down. Then load it on top of the provolone cheese.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Use a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese & I cut up 3 more pieces of provolone.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Weave together 1 pound of bacon onto of plastic wrap. Place your steak on the bacon wrap and wrap it up.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Place some tooth picks in your fatty to hold your bacon together. Them place it on you smokers grate.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Place it in your smoker and use your favorite wood (mine is apple). Smoke for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 250-260 degrees.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

I buy pizza dough balls at the market.  Roll it out and place on a cookie sheet and add some cheese to it. Place as
much cheese as you like.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Place the fatty in the middle of the crust. Roll the crust over the fatty and tuck the corner in and make sure your
seams are on the bottom.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

The original recipe said to  cook the fatty in the oven for 25 mins @ 350 degrees or until golden brown.
I raise the temp on the pellet smoker to 350 and let it brown in there....

[ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

pmillen:
Yahtzee!

Bar-B-Lew:
I did not realize that it had a layer of uncooked steak meat in there too.  Great cook.  What part of the country are you currently living?  You don't see shaved beef like that in many places.

rfinley:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on February 03, 2020, 08:10:34 PM ---I did not realize that it had a layer of uncooked steak meat in there too.  Great cook.  What part of the country are you currently living?  You don't see shaved beef like that in many places.

--- End quote ---

Upstate NY, around Albany.  Not sure about the pictures at the end of the post. tried to edit but nothing shows past the last picture of the slices....

Canadian John:

Well done rfinley! Excellent pic's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View