Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Feb 2020
  • Frank's Red Hot Thick Sauce Buffalo 'N BBQ

Sauce Profile
    1. Tomato Base
    2. Very THICK
    3. Slightly Spicy

This is a THICK tomato paste style BBQ sauce that has a primary ingredient of Frank’s Hot Sauce. My initial reaction was a KC Masterpiece Spicy BBQ sauce clone.  After a further sampling, I think it is slightly spicier and less tasty than what I remember from 20 years ago of the KC Spicy.  The tomato paste, cane molasses, and corn starch must be what makes this so thick.  I can’t really taste the Frank’s flavor, but can feel some heat.

My jury is still out on this sauce.  I tried it as a dipping sauce for some spicy Italian sausage links that I dipped into it.  I think the sausage was spicier than the sauce.  It certainly worked as a dipping sauce for sausage, and would probably work with chicken tenders or fingers too.  I suspect it would be fine as a sauce on grilled chicken due to its thickness.  Would probably work in pulled pork and maybe even on pork/beef ribs or brisket too.  It’s thickness may work great on BBQ.

I put this sauce on my finger and it hung there for at least 10 seconds without any inclination that it would drip.  Not that my friends is THICK.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by Darwin on 06 Feb 2020
  • Thanks for the review Lew.  I haven't seen that one before,  not that we get large selections to choose from.  I'm glad to see it's a clean list of ingredients.  I usually adjust sauces, so this one being thick is a good thing for me.

:bbq:
  • #3 by Bentley on 06 Feb 2020
  • I love Cane Molasses in any BBQ sauce, it just gives it a great flavor.  Will have to look for it for wings!
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • They have four different flavors of thick sauce that they recently came out with.  I have only seen two of them on a cardboard floor display at Giant grocery store chain.  You can see them here: https://www.franksredhot.com/products
  • #5 by Canadian John on 07 Feb 2020

•  Note the extremely high sodium content.
  • #6 by hughver on 07 Feb 2020
  • No luck finding it in the stores here.
  • #7 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2020
  • Figured it would be on Amazon, but not that exact flavor.  They have a bunch, but not that one...yet?
  • #8 by Darwin on 07 Feb 2020
  • No luck finding it in the stores here.

The "where to buy" button on their site returns nothing for Phoenix.   I did see it on ebay for $13.   :o.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • I think they were 2 for $4 at Giant and looks like they sold pretty quickly.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Feb 2020
  • Finally had a chance to try this sauce on some chicken fingers.  This sauce is so thick I don't think it's falling off of anything.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions