Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Nashville Road Trip  (Read 2888 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Nashville Road Trip
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »

Looks like I may be headed to Nashville the last week of May to do some site seeing.  Any recommendations for places to eat in Nashville?  I am not sure if I will have a car rental yet or not.  If so, it may only be for a day.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Smokechaser

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Nashville Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:22:20 PM »

Our son lives in Murfreesboro which is about 45 mins south down I-24.  Whenever we get to Nashville while visiting we always go to Jack’s Bar-B-Que on Broadway in the old downtown part with all the honky tonk bars.
Winchester, TN
BGW Grand Slam, 17" Blackstone Griddle for Home

RWhyman

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:19:57 PM »

While I'm no expert on Nashville, while we were there we had great meals at Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant, Woolworth on Fifth and a great meal served family style at Monell's.

Nashville Hot Chicken at Hattie B's.

Milk and Honey served up a pretty good breakfast
Blaz'n Grand Slam, Yoder 640, 36" Blackstone Griddle, RecTec 340 & 22" Blackstone Griddle in the 5th Wheel

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 08:46:49 AM »

I had Jack's and Hattie B's on my list but not the others.  Keep em coming.  I will have 5 days there to eat and drink a few beers.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »

Nashville Hot Chicken at Hattie B's.

I ate there a number of years back the chicken was not bad.   

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 09:09:16 AM »

I was supposed to go to Eastern TN and Nashville back in mid March which got derailed as the country basically shut down then.  Was going to go in May and didn't go for the same reason I didn't go in March.  Now, I am planning to go the week before Thanksgiving.

It is about an 8 hour drive from my house to Bristol which is where the trip basically starts - Bristol, Knoxville, Nashville, Jackson, Memphis, and then to the mother in law's in Clarksdale, MS for a few days and then drive back home to Eastern PA.  There are a bunch of outdoor sites that I can see - historic markers, murals, etc.

There will be lots of driving, but like the Merediths, I need to get out of town too.  The itinerary will be condensed from my original plans, but I will still get to see a lot.  Nashville will get shortchanged the most, but I will get back there to see the museums at a later date.

My fingers are crossed that nothing crazy happens in the next 2.5 weeks that prevents me from getting out this time.

MysticRhythms

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »

I have a coworker that visits her daughter in Nashville.
Every time she goes she raves about Edley's.
Don't ask me, I'm just improvising. 
PG500

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »

Gas is cheap and so are motels, good time to take a road trip!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »

Nashville Airport is interesting. I apparently look like Mick Fleetwood. I have been approached several times at airports, including once by a gaggle of TSA agents wondering if I was him.

I was at Nashville Airport a few years ago and heard a guy say on his cell phone that he just saw Mick Fleetwood while I walked by. I pushed my had down over my face after I heard him like I was trying to travel incognito.

I am 6'4" and I think Mick Fleetwood is 6'5". Pretty close there, but I am younger than he is and don't have a British accent. I will have to work on one. Also, I am a guitarist and not a drummer.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 02:40:31 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 02:52:46 PM »

Unless there is something inside the Nashville Airport that is music history related and is before the security checkpoint, I will not be going to the airport.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 03:04:08 PM »

Lew, if you going through New Mexico on your way to Nashville, I can point you in the direction of some nice sand to look at.   ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nashville Airport is interesting. I apparently look like Mick Fleetwood. I have been approached several times at airports, including once by a gaggle of TSA agents wondering if I was him.

I was at Nashville Airport a few years ago and heard a guy say on his cell phone that he just saw Mick Fleetwood while I walked by. I pushed my had down over my face after I heard him like I was trying to travel incognito.

I am 6'4" and I think Mick Fleetwood is 6'5". Pretty close there, but I am younger than he is and don't have a British accent. I will have to work on one. Also, I am a guitarist and not a drummer.

When I lived in Denver area, I had a co-worker that was spittin' image of Paul McCartney.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 03:10:57 PM »

I saw the sands of New Mexico 23 years ago when I drove from Memphis to Colorado Springs when I moved out there.  My wife almost got stuck in New Mexico when she drove out due to them shutting down the highway for a snowstorm.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »

Unless there is something inside the Nashville Airport that is music history related and is before the security checkpoint, I will not be going to the airport.

I have seen more musical instruments carried through Nashville airport than any other airport.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 02:52:09 PM »

It has been a little over a year since I had originally planned to make this trip.  Looks like it is finally going to happen near the end of April.

Quite a few things are out of business, temporarily closed, only open on reduced number of days or reduced hours, but there is still enough to make several days out of going.

Going to be a lot of driving over three weeks close to 2500 miles which is more than I probably drive in 6+ months.

Eastern PA to Knoxville and then onto Clarksdale, MS on the first two days.
Juke Joint Festival the back half of the 1st week in MS.
A long weekend in Memphis the end of the 2nd week.
Hit Jackson, TN Rockabilly Museum on drive from Memphis to Nashville.
3-4 days in Nashville
Stop in Johnson City TN on the way home
Finish the drive from TN to Eastern PA
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 02:59:01 PM by Bar-B-Lew »

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »

Better you than me.  I hate driving.
Used to drive almost 30,000 miles a year, just for work.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up