Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Mar 2021
  • Better you than me.  I hate driving.
    Used to drive almost 30,000 miles a year, just for work.

I used to drive about 35,000 miles a year just to drive back and forth to work.  Been almost six years since that ended.

I feel like I am on a long music history field trip so I don't mind it too much.  I don't like the drive there and the drive back because I usually don't split it up enough.
  • #17 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2021
  • You know you are always welcome here to break up coming or going or both!
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Mar 2021
  • My wife had her gallbladder removed this past weekend (unplanned).  Discharged on Sunday.  Back to ER on Monday night.  Went to pick her up yesterday and she had same issues she had when I took her in Monday night.  Going to try again this afternoon.  Hopefully, she can drive from PA to MS at least by when I am planning to go down there or this trip of mine will be cancelled again for the 4th time.  Someone/Something just doesn't want me to visit Nashville. :(
  • #19 by Bentley on 31 Mar 2021
  • Prayers for the Mrs.  Maybe you would become addicted to the Nashville Hot and this is a sign?
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Mar 2021
  • Prayers for the Mrs.  Maybe you would become addicted to the Nashville Hot and this is a sign?

Haha...I bought a quart of Sweet Baby Ray's Nashville Hot Wing Sauce a month or so ago at the Restaurant Depot.  I plan to eat some at a few places while there.

Thanks for the prayers.  She is now home and in her recliner resting.  I picked up all of the meds and know the schedule of when to make sure she gets them.
  • #21 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Mar 2021
  • So sorry about your wife Lew and will keep her in my prayers.  With all the bad storms/tornados in the South and flooding in Nashville, maybe it worked out to delay a bit.
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Mar 2021
  • So sorry about your wife Lew and will keep her in my prayers.  With all the bad storms/tornados in the South and flooding in Nashville, maybe it worked out to delay a bit.

Thank you.

I am not scheduled to be in Nashville until the last week of April, but if I don't leave for the first part of my trip on April 10th I will probably cancel all of it as I am driving.  Time will tell.  She is probably going to miss out on all or some of a trip she had planned with 4 of her cousins to Hot Springs, AR next week.
  • #23 by urnmor on 03 Apr 2021
  • My wife had her gallbladder removed this past weekend (unplanned).  Discharged on Sunday.  Back to ER on Monday night.  Went to pick her up yesterday and she had same issues she had when I took her in Monday night.  Going to try again this afternoon.  Hopefully, she can drive from PA to MS at least by when I am planning to go down there or this trip of mine will be cancelled again for the 4th time.  Someone/Something just doesn't want me to visit Nashville. :(

Prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Apr 2021
  • She went back into the hospital on Thursday morning.  Hopefully, she gets discharged today.  She is having issues with abdomen muscle cramps causing her more pain than she can handle.  They appear to last for hours at a time.  Time should heal the muscles and stop the spasms.

Thanks, urnmor.
  • #25 by urnmor on 07 Apr 2021
  • Bar B Lew how is your wife’s recovery coming along? Hope all is well
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Apr 2021
  • Bar B Lew how is your wife’s recovery coming along? Hope all is well

It has come such a long way that she drove about 12 hours yesterday on her way to MS.  She will get to see her 4 cousins for a few days as part of a trip to Hot Springs, AR that was planned.  She is not 100% yet and probably will not be until near end of April.

I start my drive on Saturday assuming I have no complications from my 2nd Moderna shot on Thursday afternoon.

Thanks for asking.
  • #27 by urnmor on 08 Apr 2021
  • I am happy to hear she is better and you will make your road trip
  • #28 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Apr 2021
  • Last night was the kickoff of the Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, MS.  It was headlined by one of their own and Grammy Award winner 22 year old, Kingfish.  He had Buddy Guy set him up to record his first album a few years ago and Buddy played a song on it with him and took him on tour in 2019.  Here is a link to his site and he has a ton of videos on youtube for those that may be into guitar playing blues.

https://christonekingfishingram.com/

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Apr 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #30 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Apr 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions