Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hughver on 14 Mar 2020
  • I did it with a 24 can and 48 can unit.

Did you cut the lid in half for food access without taking the sous vide machine out of the water?  I saw this done somewhere and am toying with the idea of doing mine.
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Mar 2020
  • No, just use a hole saw to cut a circle so the unit can go into the cooler.
  • #18 by hughver on 14 Mar 2020
  • I went ahead and cut mine about 1/3-2/3 with the 1/3 holding the sous vide gadget. I filled the end gaps with a sealer. Now I thinking of hinging it.
  • #19 by WiPelletHead on 14 Mar 2020
  • I went ahead and cut mine about 1/3-2/3 with the 1/3 holding the sous vide gadget. I filled the end gaps with a sealer. Now I thinking of hinging it.

The hinges are handy. I did that on mine that I cut in the center. Did need to cut a V in the side so it would open and fold back. Pretty easy to do.
  • #20 by smokin soon on 14 Mar 2020
  • Might we get a pic of that? I have not jumped into the Sous Vide tub yet. Sounds interesting.
  • #21 by WiPelletHead on 14 Mar 2020
  • I tried to post pics but no luck so far.

If you PM me you email I can send them that way.

I will keep trying to figure it out.
  • #22 by smokin soon on 15 Mar 2020
  • Easy Peasy!
  • #23 by WiPelletHead on 15 Mar 2020
  • Here's the pics. Just used a couple of inexpensive hinges and SS screws. Needed to notch one side of the lid so it would fold back. The other side was molded so that it did not interfere. Made a spacer from a PVC coupler to keep the Anova off the bottom of the cooler. Needed  to use the Dremel to remove a small spacer lip from the inside of the coupler and cut the length of it down to 1.75"

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #24 by Darwin on 15 Mar 2020
  • Now I remember why I bought that little Coleman cooler.   Nice work on yours.   :clap:
  • #25 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2020
  • I didn't try it yet, but just read that you can use your Google Home Hub to give commands to your wifi enabled Anova.  Sorta like something from The Jetsons.
  • #26 by Bentley on 16 Mar 2020
  • Is that like the Alexa or Siri thing?  Never used it, saw this clip and was busting up.  Did not know SNL could be funny anymore!

Amazon Echo

I didn't try it yet, but just read that you can use your Google Home Hub to give commands to your wifi enabled Anova.  Sorta like something from The Jetsons.
  • #27 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2020
  • Yes, but made by Google and has a screen on it.
  • #28 by triplebq on 30 Mar 2020
  • OK I received an early birthday gift. I received a LOVISIDA WiFi Sous Vide Cooker so that made my decision on which cooker to purchase easy. I put it to use yesterday for my first cook. I did some Pork Chops that I got from Snake River Farms as a gift.

Chops seasoned and sealed ready for the bath

I cooked them for 2:30 at 140 degrees. I should have gone longer as the chops were thick and was about 120 degrees when I pulled them out

Porterhouse Chop seared and ready to eat

Frenched Chop seared and ready to eat

Chops came out very nice. I had to cook them longer in the pan to get to 140 degrees but they were good

• #29 by triplebq on 30 Mar 2020
  • OK smart people. After one cook in the books, my question is how do you know how long to cook something for? The chart I used said 1 - 4 hours. I know its trail and error but should I have just gone the longest time?
  • #30 by triplebq on 30 Mar 2020
  • No I did not test with a thermometer but will. The water I added was about 140 degrees (my tankless is set to this) and when I fired up the unit it read 140 after a few mins. During the cook it kept saying 140 do I "assumed" it was 140.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Pages:
Actions