Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by sbryant24 on 08 Mar 2020
  • Anyone here own a 340?  I had one of the original 680s before downsizing to the Firecraft Q450.  I've been using the 450 only to grill recently. I've been looking at getting a 340 and would like to hear what your experience has been with it.  My initial thoughts used to be that it was too small, but I'm starting to think it would be the perfect size for me.
  • #2 by JimAZ on 08 Mar 2020
  • I have the Rec Tec mini, predecessor of the RT-340.  There are just two of us at home so thought it would be the perfect size. Got it shortly after Rec Tec came to the market.  I’ve only had one issue which was a grease fire, and that was my fault.  I've done a lot of long overnight cooks of pork butts and briskets and there have been no issues with running out of pellets.  Generally, I find the size adequate but occasionally would like to have something bigger.  As an example we have a party coming up and I’m planning on doing several tri-tips.  I can only get three on the grate and would like to do four.  I guess I could get a shelf for the fourth I hate trying something new for a group.  I think if I had it to do over I would get the 590.
  • #3 by okie smokie on 10 Mar 2020
  • I have the Rec Tec mini, predecessor of the RT-340.  There are just two of us at home so thought it would be the perfect size. Got it shortly after Rec Tec came to the market.  I’ve only had one issue which was a grease fire, and that was my fault.  I've done a lot of long overnight cooks of pork butts and briskets and there have been no issues with running out of pellets.  Generally, I find the size adequate but occasionally would like to have something bigger.  As an example we have a party coming up and I’m planning on doing several tri-tips.  I can only get three on the grate and would like to do four.  I guess I could get a shelf for the fourth I hate trying something new for a group.  I think if I had it to do over I would get the 590.
    I found a mini shelf on eBay. SS with folding legs. Similar to the one RT has (which has been out of stock). Got it for $22.  Should do fine for another TT or more. 
  • #4 by garmp on 20 Mar 2020
  • I also have a Mini 300 and love it. Only issue I had was the heating element went wonkers on me. Called Rec-Tec and even thugh it was over a year old they sent me a replace element at no charge. Gave me a url for replacement instructions. Couldn't be happier with the unit and company!
Pages:
Actions