Member Reviews > Reviews of Accessories, Gadgets and Tools

Hammer Stahl 14-Inch Slicing Knife (For Snob Appeal)

<< < (3/3)

triplebq:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on March 13, 2020, 05:32:26 PM ---
I wanted to buy a new turntable for my vinyl record collection playing the other week.  I explained to my wife that the one I bought about 15 years ago was like a Chevy.  It got the job done for me to be able to listen to records that were not available at the time in another format.  When we moved 5 years ago, I bought a Cadillac that not only got the job done, but the soundstage through the speakers had me hearing things in the music I never heard before.  I then told her that I wanted to buy the Mercedes of turntables so that I didn't have to buy another the rest of my life after one of my two Cadillacs failed me after minimal use.  Last Friday, I sat her down in my music room chair to listen to a vinyl record on the new turntable and she was blown away.  She felt like she was in a small club with the band on stage in front of her.  The purchase has now been qualified!

--- End quote ---

I'm also a vinyl guy. What turntable did you get?

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: triplebq on March 14, 2020, 04:52:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on March 13, 2020, 05:32:26 PM ---
I wanted to buy a new turntable for my vinyl record collection playing the other week.  I explained to my wife that the one I bought about 15 years ago was like a Chevy.  It got the job done for me to be able to listen to records that were not available at the time in another format.  When we moved 5 years ago, I bought a Cadillac that not only got the job done, but the soundstage through the speakers had me hearing things in the music I never heard before.  I then told her that I wanted to buy the Mercedes of turntables so that I didn't have to buy another the rest of my life after one of my two Cadillacs failed me after minimal use.  Last Friday, I sat her down in my music room chair to listen to a vinyl record on the new turntable and she was blown away.  She felt like she was in a small club with the band on stage in front of her.  The purchase has now been qualified!

--- End quote ---

I'm also a vinyl guy. What turntable did you get?

--- End quote ---

Technics SL-1500C

KeithG:
When I got my turntable I went old school with a classic from the 70’s. I found a lightly used Thorens TD-145 and shipped it to Vinyl Nirvana and had it refurbished. Not sorry. My records from the 50’s and 60’s sound better than they did back then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View