Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by hughver on 02 Apr 2020
  • I'm pretty sure that would work but you would have to add liquid back to make it into dough. I think that grinding just as they start to ferment would yield the same result. In malting, how much fermenting do you allow before heating to dry?
  • #47 by jdmessner on 02 Apr 2020
  • I guess what I would do is coat the grinder with olive oil to keep the berries from sticking.
  • #48 by Bentley on 02 Apr 2020
  • I thought malting was germinating the grain (wheat berry) and as soon as it germinates drying the grain.  I don't think malt has anything to do with fermentation.  Now malt grains are used in beers and Spirts, but the malting process has nothing to do with fermentation I think?
  • #49 by hughver on 02 Apr 2020
  • That might help but it seemed like the sticky ground dough clogged the holes on the die as well as creating a blockage on both sides of the cutter blade. I'm fairly sure that drier berries will solve the problem but I'll try olive oil also. The next batch,  enough for a 8X4" loaf (1.25 lbs.), starts soaking around 5:00 this afternoon and I'll watch them like a hawk in the morning until they just sprout. If everything goes as planned and the consistency of the dough before honey/yeast is as expected, I'll start another batch tomorrow afternoon for an attempt at sous vide Essene on Saturday.

Bentley, I meant sprouting/germinating.
Pages:
Actions