Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 20 Mar 2020
  • In all seriousness, those are the Giant Charmin rolls and for me, that is literally 2 months of TP right there.  I don't get how people use some much!
  • #32 by Mikro on 20 Mar 2020
  • Thanks everyone for the good laughs and insight as well on Generators. I have had a generator with a transfer switch for sometime, so that is not a problem and it runs on natural gas. :)

I did find the problem with the freezer. The defrost thermostat died. I have one already in shipment to fix it. Only $22. We managed to save 80% of everything and gave the rest to our neighbors. I'm just happy we caught it early enough that there was no waste, just a reallocation of it to different places.

These strange times will pass, we just all need to slow down and think through the problems.

Peace to all, Be safe and stay healthy.
    MK
  • #33 by triplebq on 20 Mar 2020
  • Thanks everyone for the good laughs and insight as well on Generators. I have had a generator with a transfer switch for sometime, so that is not a problem and it runs on natural gas. :)

Same here.
  • #34 by Bobitis on 20 Mar 2020
  • I can't run a generator due to HOA rules, but electricity doesn't care about viruses.  ::)

My concern is what this is doing to our old folks and the 401K investors.  :'(
  • #35 by glitchy on 20 Mar 2020
  • My concern is what this is doing to our old folks and the 401K investors.  :'(

I’m glad I have quite a few years until retirement. When it recovers, I think I need to consider putting a bigger percentage into very conservative options.
  • #36 by Ross77 on 20 Mar 2020
  • My concern is what this is doing to our old folks and the 401K investors.  :'(

I’m glad I have quite a few years until retirement. When it recovers, I think I need to consider putting a bigger percentage into very conservative options.

The closer you get to retirement the more you'll want to shift away from stocks in your 401k.  If you can stomach it, consider investing in some safe individual stocks now.  They are at 52 week lows and will eventually recover.  Dow, Disney, Delta etc. 
  • #37 by reubenray on 21 Mar 2020
  • I can't run a generator due to HOA rules, but electricity doesn't care about viruses.  ::)

My concern is what this is doing to our old folks and the 401K investors.  :'(

It is hurting us old folks badly!!!
  • #38 by triplebq on 21 Mar 2020

I must say this is a first. I thought my HOA was restrictive.
Pages:
Actions