Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by David on 19 Mar 2020
  • There is a lot of different brands to choose from do any of you have one that you really like and would recommend
  • #2 by Osborn Cox on 19 Mar 2020
  • The best ones I have found and very reasonably priced are the Kirkland brand from Costco.  I can’t remember ever having one rip while putting them on, a problem I had with the ones I used to buy from Menards and Home Depot. 
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 19 Mar 2020
  • I use the ones from Sam's.  The ones in the automotive department are the typical tight fitting ones and the ones for use in food service are loose but great for seasoning meat and putting it on the pit.  Then your hands are still clean.
  • #4 by triplebq on 19 Mar 2020
  • I use the Nitrile powder-free gloves from Harbor Freight. I like the 5 mil but they have plenty of thickness.  I usually stock up when they go on sale.
  • #5 by SJeP on 19 Mar 2020
  • I use the ones from Sam's.  The ones in the automotive department are the typical tight fitting ones and the ones for use in food service are loose but great for seasoning meat and putting it on the pit.  Then your hands are still clean.
    Me too. The large size from Sam's fits my normal-sized hands tight enough to stay on but loose enough to use cotton jersey gloves underneath for hot things.

They seem pretty durable too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• #6 by cookingjnj on 19 Mar 2020
  • If you are near a Wegman's, I use the Wegmans Disposable Food Prep Gloves.  Don't know the thickness of the glove, but they are Latex and Powder free gloves.  Seem to work for me.
  • #7 by David on 20 Mar 2020
  • Thanks
    Osborn Cox which section of the store is the gloves in in Costco
  • #8 by glitchy on 20 Mar 2020
  • I have been using poly gloves for a few years since they are super cheap and I can go through a 2-3 pairs cleaning up the grill and prepping the food and not feel too bad about it. However, they are not a tight fit and slide off when doing things like mixing meatloaf and also tear pretty easy, so I decided recently to try some nitrile gloves. I've only used them a couple time, but I like these so far:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BR8KB4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ammex GlovePlus...if they come back in stock.
  • #9 by Osborn Cox on 20 Mar 2020
  • Thanks
    Osborn Cox which section of the store is the gloves in in Costco

Pharmacy/health and beauty department, they come in a twin 200 pack I believe so 400 gloves total.
  • #10 by Ckoss on 19 Jan 2021
  • #11 by pmillen on 19 Jan 2021

• These are my favorites.  I get them from a restaurant supply house.  I confess that I haven't used all of the gloves in this list.

They fit me okay and seem tough enough.
  • #12 by 02ebz06 on 19 Jan 2021
  • I like powdered ones. Easy on and off.
    Get mine from Peachtree Woodworking.
  • #13 by scdaf on 21 Jan 2021
  • I really like these black, heavy-duty gloves. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CO9RKB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Being a cheapskate, I'm still on my first pair.  When I get done with them, I wash my hands thoroughly with the gloves on, remove and dry.  Very durable.
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 21 Jan 2021
  • I have not bought any for a while, wow has price gone up. i think the last ones I bought were maybe 12 bucks a box for XL.

So here is the question I have for you folks opinion.

Are all nitrile gloves just nitrile gloves or are you looking at only Food/Medical grade?

I see some buying from Sams in the Automotive section and some at Harbor freight. I think my last box came from Gordons Food Service when I was there. I have a box in my car from the Auto parts store I used to work at.
  • #15 by Bentley on 21 Jan 2021
  • Would be my recommendation too!

The best ones I have found and very reasonably priced are the Kirkland brand from Costco.
Pages:
Actions