Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hank D Thoreau on 21 Mar 2020
  • Finished two chuck roasts today for shredded beef. I turned mine into tacos. I also saw sandwiches being made.

The beef flavor really came through in the tacos.

I will go for BBQ beef later. The shredded beef turning out to be a very popular item at our house.

It took about 7 1/4 hours to cook the two chucks. They were 2 1/2 and 2/ 2/3 pounds.

Last time I only cooked one and I didn't get any. I was smarter this time and cooked two.

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by cookingjnj on 21 Mar 2020
  • Atta boy!  Chef has to get some of his creations.  Looks fantastic.
  • #3 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Mar 2020
  • I got my BBQ beef sandwich for dinner tonight. It was great. I'm really liking the chuck roast. Time to cook is long but reasonable. I am not up at 2 AM resting meat before I can go to bed.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Mar 2020
  • Atta boy!  Chef has to get some of his creations.  Looks fantastic.

I'm just happy that it all gets eaten. I can always cook more.
  • #5 by stickjiggler on 22 Mar 2020
  • Did you smoke the whole time or foil with some liquid?
    I've never done one before but am going to attempt one soon.
  • #6 by Brushpopper on 22 Mar 2020
  • I hope you made the corn tortillas for them.  Those are some fine looking tacos and I know they were tasty.  :clap:
  • #7 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Mar 2020
  • Did you smoke the whole time or foil with some liquid?
    I've never done one before but am going to attempt one soon.

I wrapped in foil with 1/8 cup of beef broth at 160. I discarded the beef broth when I was done. I poured the beef both over the pulled beef with the first one I did a week ago, but I think it made it a bit strong.
  • #8 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Mar 2020
  • I hope you made the corn tortillas for them.  Those are some fine looking tacos and I know they were tasty.  :clap:

I didn't make the corn tortillas this time since I had a couple of packages to use and masa harina has been sold out at the store. I want to save my masa harino for when I cannot find tortillas.
  • #9 by Brushpopper on 22 Mar 2020
  • I haven't gone to the grocery store in a few days.  I bet we don't have much either around here.  We're going to need fresh veggies soon so I'm going tomorrow probably.
Pages:
Actions