Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Those who know me know I always like to start my threads with a splash of color

[ Invalid Attachment ]

A little out of season but hey, it's a "fall color."
  • #2 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • "Grilled Panfish?"  Say what?  Sounds crazy but thought I would give it a try
    Marinated some Sun Fish my wife and I caught recently in a concoction of McCormick's Mohita Lime seasoning, fresh squeezed lime & orange juice, water & olive oil. Marinated for about 4 hours.

To accompany the fish we will have some scalloped potatoes that we have had before that we liked.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Here we are after 25 minutes on the Pro at 450

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Took those off & covered and turned the grill up to 500 and added the fish

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Let them go for 5 minutes then flipped them over and added some sweet peppers and green pepper (gotta have color).

No real grill marks. Skin came off even tho I rubbed olive oil on the grates.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

You can use the top of the grill as a plate warmer. Just remember to take them off before opening the grill (been there, done that).

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Not sure how to rotate that last picture. It is upright in my photo library

• #6 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Potatoes after adding the crunchy onion topping

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Plated up

• #7 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • These can be tricky to eat with all the bones.
    First split them in half

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Then peel out the bones.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

and proceed cautiously.

All in all I like them pan fried but thought it was worth a try.

Thanks for watching!

Z
  • #8 by pmillen on 17 Sep 2017
  • I cut my fishing teeth on Minnesota deepwater sunfish.  I was hooked.

Hooked to the point that one year my fishing logbook totaled over 400 hours.  (I'm kinda' payin' the price for all of that sun exposure, tho'.)
  • #9 by Queball on 17 Sep 2017
  • Nice cook!
    • Queball
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Sep 2017
  • Nice to see your cooking threads again Al.  I always look forward to the beautiful garden shots and your fish looks terrific.
  • #11 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017

Hooked to the point that one year my fishing logbook totaled over 400 hours.  (I'm kinda' payin' the price for all of that sun exposure, tho'.)

They are a fun fish to catch, especially with a light action rod. Always fun to watch the grandkids
    catch them

• #12 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Not sure how to rotate that last picture. It is upright in my photo library

Fixed it. Seems I have to go back to the photo, rotate it & save it, then rotate again back to correct position then save it and then re-insert.
  • #13 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • Can't beat it! (More grandkids)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • More grandkids (7 in all - I am a blessed man)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #15 by jdmessner on 18 Sep 2017

They are a fun fish to catch, especially with a light action rod. Always fun to watch the grandkids
    catch them

ZCZ those are some great pics! Love the expressions on the kids faces. In our little neck of the world they advertise 36 lakes within a 5 mile radius (even though a few of them are probably ponds). Each year they have what is called the "Bluegill Frolic"! Back in the day it was quite an event. They crowned the Bluegill Frolic Queen and had a large parade. Your grandkids would have done well in the fishing contest!!
Pages:
Actions