Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2020
  • Since all the Chuck has been bought up by Pellet Fan Members, I decided I would try it with Brisket, a 1st for me. 

So we use half point and half flat cubed.  We steep the Ancho & Guajillo chilies in chicken broth because we for got to buy beef and we hope it does not ruin the recipe.   

Cube and season the beef w/flour, onion seasoning, seasoning salt and Accent, brown, then start the braising process with the chicken broth.  Once the chili's are soft enough, run through blender and add to beef.  If you have never made a Colorado sauce, there is no way my words can describe the smell, for me it is quite distinct and gives a hit of what wonders are to come.

Will make some rice infused with some adobo and some refried beans with cheese!  Chili Colorado will be served with warm flour tortillas!

• #2 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2020
  • And Kristin is opting for Brisket Pot Roast!
  • #3 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2020
  • I was under the impression that I had removed most of the seeds, but man this is a fairly spice sauce.  I am going to assume that most of the capsicum stay in the vein even after drying, although I never considered either chili to be hot.  I like it a lot, but I doubt it would be suitable for the masses.  I mean a  Ancho is just a dried pablano, that is a glorified bell pepper.
  • #4 by SmokinHandyman on 22 Mar 2020
  • Looks good.
    You will know more about the spice in the morning
  • #5 by Free Mr. Tony on 22 Mar 2020
  • I made shredded beef enchiladas with a very similar sauce tonight. I know the smell you speak of well.

I cooked so much this weekend, we should be good for awhile if we go into lockdown mode. Ohio did it this afternoon. We may not be far behind.
  • #6 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2020
  • Nose running heat, just the way I like it.

My defensive coach in HS was an Okie, Coach Justice, one fine coach.  He also taught English, now I was in pretty good shape as a Senior, I was 6'2" and about 210 lbs, so I had a little to spare.  I remember him saying in class one day...if we ever do get bombed and we have to go without food, you just wait Bentley, at the end of that 1st month, they will all be dropping like flies and guys like us will be right where we need to be!  That was 200lbs ago...

Food shortages are not real high on my list of things to get worked up about!

• #7 by cookingjnj on 22 Mar 2020
  • Fine looking chili (and plate) Bent.  Spicy hot never scared me either.
  • #8 by Brushpopper on 22 Mar 2020
  • Spicy hot never scared me either.

Looks perfect to me.  I ain't skeert of hot, but it's how I was raised, I reckon.
  • #9 by Goosehunter51 on 24 Mar 2020
  • This looks so stinking good, wow
Pages:
Actions