Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 18 Sep 2017
  • I was wrong again, imagine that!  Thanks for the great input!
  • #17 by westcoastsmoke on 21 Sep 2017
  • In the previous forum someone posted links to the actual setup - is it possible to locate those?
  • #18 by Bentley on 21 Sep 2017
  • If you are talking about a link that was posted on PH, maybe, but I have no idea what link was in the thread you are talking about.
  • #19 by ArborAgent on 23 Sep 2017
  • In the previous forum someone posted links to the actual setup - is it possible to locate those?

Pretty sure I did.

Here is the link:
    https://roanokecontrols.cloud/support/index.html
  • #20 by westcoastsmoke on 25 Sep 2017
  • Thanks!!!
  • #21 by AlanZ on 18 Oct 2017
  • Installation of the wifi unit involves drilling a hole in the front panel for the antenna terminal at a specific location..
    Then the daughterboard plugs into the main board (you don't need to disassemble anything, just reach up from underneath the hopper and plug it in)
    The antenna screws onto the terminal that pokes through the drilled hole.

I have been using it connected via my local wifi when at home, and an also via the cloud (so it can be accessed from anywhere)... both work well.
    • AlanZ
  • #22 by SJeP on 27 Nov 2017

• Installation of the wifi unit involves drilling a hole in the front panel for the antenna terminal at a specific location.

My Grand Slam was manufactured this summer. It already has the hole in the front panel for the antenna. The hole has a plastic plug in it.  So not all units will require drilling a hole.

I ordered the wifi retrofit kit today. I'll report back when I've installed it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• #23 by SJeP on 06 Dec 2017

• Installation of the wifi unit involves drilling a hole in the front panel for the antenna terminal at a specific location.

My Grand Slam was manufactured this summer. It already has the hole in the front panel for the antenna. The hole has a plastic plug in it.  So not all units will require drilling a hole.

I ordered the wifi retrofit kit today. I'll report back when I've installed it.

I received the Wifi kit yesterday and installed it last night.  Was easy and everything went according to the instructions. There were no surprises.

First step was to set up the wifi module by plugging it into the USB port on my computer using the supplied cable.  Ran the program Tim sent me and the module was ready to use on my wifi network.  Part of this process is creating an account on the Roanoke Controls website.

I then mounted the wifi module onto my Grand Slam.  As I said previously, my Grand Slam already had the 3/8" hole for the antenna which is covered with a plastic plug.  So I only had to remove the plug and insert the module thru the hole by reaching up into the hopper/control box from the underside.   Access was a breeze.  Then installed the washer and nut on the outside to hold the wifi module in place.

The last steps were screwing on the antenna and using the supplied cable to connect the new wifi module to the existing controller.

After installing the Android app from Google Play, I'm now able to control my grill anywhere using my phone.

I didn't take pictures as I was installing the module since I did it in the dark on my deck. But watching the video on the Blaz'n Grillworks site gives a very good idea of what the components look like.

One thing that is not mentioned in the instructions is to remove the antenna when you put the cover on the grill. I choose to do this rather than risk breaking the antenna.

Overall very easy to install and does exactly what it claims

• #24 by keithj69 on 07 Dec 2017
  • When you take the antenna off, it fits nicely under the pellet hopper cover.  There is enough space between the lid and the raised part of the hopper opening.
  • #25 by SJeP on 07 Dec 2017
  • When you take the antenna off, it fits nicely under the pellet hopper cover.  There is enough space between the lid and the raised part of the hopper opening.
    That's nice to know. I was trying to figure out where to keep the antenna so I wouldn't misplace it.  As I've gotten older I seem to misplace more things. Its become a joke between me and my wife!

• #26 by westcoastsmoke on 15 Dec 2017
  • Just tried setting up WIFI module via PC - firmware update went fine, drivers installed, but the app is stuck half way searching for a network. I can see the module on the WIFI analyzer but it can't see me... Called Roanoke - they had me reset couple things but no cigar. New module will be sent out Monday  - will update once I get it.
  • #27 by westcoastsmoke on 22 Dec 2017
  • Got replacement module from Roanoke very quickly - still not able to use USB method  - searching for networks freezes exactly half way. Maybe it is Windows 10 64 bit edition - screen shots in instructions look like WinXP or 7. Did it the hard way - simply powered of a 5 V USB adapter, not PC and got SSID set  and then added the cloud. Is product ID 1001 correct for Blazn? Seems to work.
  • #28 by keithj69 on 22 Dec 2017
  • i used win 10 64bit to configure mine.   Maybe it was the usb cable causing the issue. Not sure about the product id.
Pages:
Actions