Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

blazin options

<< < (2/2)

keithj69:
There is a unboxing video on youtube for the kit now.  search for   "2020 Blaz'n Grill Works Direct Sear Kit for Grid Iron BBQ Grill"  uploaded May 3, 2020

RWhyman:
So I got the Direct sear kit for my Grand Slam and did a test fire yesterday. I set the smoker to 495º and the Grill Grates clocked in at high 600º to low 700º. Tonight I did some burgers as a first run and they come out great. Nice grill marks and a fast cook. I think this will be a great option instead of firing up the big Yoder 640 when just doing a couple of burgers or steaks.

Sorry, I failed to get any photos

MP09:
Did you foil the drip tray? When time permits, some pics would be great and after a few cooks, your take on the overall value of this new sear option. It looks to be a winner and hopefully you can share your "testing" of this new option...

RWhyman:
I did not foil the tray, but plan to when I do low and slow cooks with the fire pot cover in place. I cooked some bone in pork chops last night that turned out great with nice grill marks, but once again didn't think about a photo until I was half done eating. I'll try and do better with the photos.

The first time I did a cook, everything went fine but a shutoff, I got an E-1 error (Exceeded high temp). I had the smoker set at 495º. I talked to Blaz'n Grill and was told to use a temp of 400º. (Yes, I failed to read the instructions that said set at 400º)
So last night I set the smoker at 400º and everything went as normal during shutdown and I still had temps on the grill grates of high 600º to low 700º.

MP09:
Good info. Look forward to pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View