Pages:
Actions
  • #76 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 May 2020
  • Yeah, that is no frills that I recall.  It is easier for them to keep labor costs down by having cases come in and stack them on top of each other versus stacking each can on a shelf.  Also, reduces their cost of investment in the store on fixtures.  Walmart should do the same thing since they don't spend the time to keep the shelves neat.
  • #77 by BigDave83 on 08 May 2020
  • We used to have a Sav a lot store that was the same way. I liked going there, they had some brand names intermixed with the house brand. Decent meat section, and frozen food sections. Prices were very good compared to the bigger flashy stores, produce was not the greatest. It was the store I shopped at most of the time. Seemed to always have people in it with carts of items. Not sure why they closed ours, I will hit one about 45 minutes away if I am in the area.

The nice thing with them and Aldis is you can find boxes along the way to put your stuff in after checkout.
  • #78 by yorkdude on 08 May 2020
  • If you notice also that a lot of the items packaging while different names etc. are eerily familiar looking to name brand stuff.
    Maybe it is just me but that is how it appears.
    I forgot to add that we are not big potato chip eaters but the Aldi brand pringle knock offs are way better than the real deal.
  • #79 by Bentley on 09 May 2020
  • Even though they were those lousy, $1.49 chicken & pork franks, it was some good eating!

• #80 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 May 2020
  • haha...my late lunch yesterday was 3 hot dogs with hot smoked mustard and kraut.  Good to see we are both eating healthy.  I may be asking you for some hand me down clothing soon.
  • #81 by ZCZ on 09 May 2020
  • Every time I go to Aldi's I come away saying the same thing: "I can't believe how much money I save here."
    Al
Pages:
Actions