• #76 by dk117 on 23 Jun 2020
  • coming along nicely

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #77 by dk117 on 23 Jun 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #78 by dk117 on 23 Jun 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #79 by dk117 on 23 Jun 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #80 by Bentley on 23 Jun 2020
  • Very healthy looking garden, wish I could say that about ours.
  • #81 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Jun 2020
  • Just beautiful DK -- one of these years we will get it.
  • #82 by Bentley on 24 Jun 2020
  • They started cutting the Winter Wheat today.  And a fly over of the Anemic 2020 Garden...

2020 Wheat Harvest Stevensburg, VA
  • #83 by bregent on 25 Jun 2020
  • When I retire I'm getting a place that has a large area for a veggie garden! Our front yard faces south, so it's container gardening for us right now.  Poles beans do pretty well in the back even those it's a northern exposure.

Right now we've got snap peas, strawberries, pole beans, 3 different tomatoes, pickling cukes, basil, cilantro, and jalepenos.

• #84 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Jun 2020
  • Really nice bregent!
  • #85 by Bentley on 25 Jun 2020
  • Yes, another very healthy looking garden.
  • #86 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Aug 2020
  • Going to make some homemade chili with peppers fresh from the garden -- Anaheim, jalapeno, a sweet red (whose name a forgot), and some Asian peppers SIL gave us. Bent is roasting them for me and will then take the skin off, seed and chop. I am also going to use a tomato sauce I made last year from excess tomatoes and froze.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #87 by pmillen on 11 Aug 2020
  • Anyone who hasn't smelled roasting peppers should buy a couple to roast just for the odor.
  • #88 by 02ebz06 on 11 Aug 2020
  • Anyone who hasn't smelled roasting peppers should buy a couple to roast just for the odor.

Oh yeah!!!
    We bought two cases of Hatch Anaheim chilies, one mild, one medium hot.
    All cleaned, bagged, vacuum sealed, and frozen.
    I'm set until next season.
  • #89 by Bentley on 11 Aug 2020
  • I thought Hatch was its own variety.  Then Ortaga brought the Hatch to So Cal and started growing them and just renaming them.  Then you can go down the road of the elevation is different, the soil is different, the water is different for growing and that the Hatch is hotter then the Anaheim.
  • #90 by 02ebz06 on 13 Aug 2020
  • I thought Hatch was its own variety.  Then Ortaga brought the Hatch to So Cal and started growing them and just renaming them.  Then you can go down the road of the elevation is different, the soil is different, the water is different for growing and that the Hatch is hotter then the Anaheim.

Hatch is a village in New Mexico.
    Called the Chile Capital of the World.

Pages:
Actions