Pages:
Actions
  • #76 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Sep 2017
  • So I think the program for today is to get the sear station attached and try it out.  I was hoping we could do burgers "side by side" -- one on the pit and one on the sear station.  Next week, I will see if the sear station can be used like a burner.
  • #77 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • Sear Box photos added.
  • #78 by Queball on 24 Sep 2017
  • From the pictures that looks like a really high quality, well made unit. It also is very attractive with that finish with the cooker. Can a gas canister safely be set on that bottom shelf? Is there clearance? ......... I'm thinking they are going to do very well with this combo. Nice lookin unit!
    • Queball
  • #79 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • LPG tank photos added.  Q, it could, but with this most simple bracket they have added, it is not necessary!
  • #80 by Queball on 24 Sep 2017
  • Just saw the hanging hook for the tank. .... Very cool! .... Off the ground, and everything is mobile as one unit.
    • Queball
  • #81 by pmillen on 24 Sep 2017
  • On the sear station, between the flame and the grate, there's a perforated sheet.  Does that look as though it's rust-proof?

I suspect that it will generate a lot of radiant heat (infrared).
  • #82 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • I do not see anything in the literature that denotes what material is use.  It looks like Stainless Steel, but these are the questions  simply cant answer and I hope someone from Camp Chef will.

On the sear station, between the flame and the grate, there's a perforated sheet.  Does that look as though it's rust-proof?

Kristin was hungry and wanted cheeseburger, so  I figured why not cook it on the Sear Box.  Photos in PT.  Will definitely cook something as you suggest!

I think the separate sear station is a great move by camp chef. Interested to hear your thoughts on it for finishing a burger or steak after using the main chamber
  • #83 by Bobitis on 24 Sep 2017
  • It looks as if the box has an open bottom? Wouldn't this drip all over the deck?
  • #84 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Sep 2017
  • If you like a char flavor on your burger, this sear station will certainly provide it!
  • #85 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • No, it has a grease catching box.

Edit:  I just noticed all those holes.  Well, I guess we ill see if this (I assume its job is to direct grease) does its job and makes my above statement correct.

It looks as if the box has an open bottom? Wouldn't this drip all over the deck?

• #86 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • I have to say, I believe you are right.

And if folks will forgive me from taking a day off from Data input.  I am just gonna cook today.  I have a just cured Pork Belly that I think we will warm smoke this afternoon and I am going to put it on right now.  It has been drying in the fridge for 48 hours.

I go to prepare it right now.

So much for thinking the manufacturer got short changed. In four days, there is a six page discussion and 1500 plus views on the actual PT.
  • #87 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • Pork Belly has been on just over an hour.  IT is 88° and the unit is 165°...
  • #88 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • Pork Belly has been on just over 2 hours.  IT is 106° and the unit is 162°...Has been between 160-165 for the last 2 hours on Low Smoke setting.
  • #89 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
  • A shot of the Warm Smoked Belly before it goes in freezer was just posted.
  • #90 by LowSlowJoe on 24 Sep 2017
  • What's the ambient temperature ? Still in the 80s?

160F ~ 165F  is quite good in my book...  whẹn  ambient temperature is 75F or more...  not all pellet grills will do that reliably.
Pages:
Actions