Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

Smoking Gun 30.06 Pellet Grill

(1/3) > >>

hottensne:
Hello,
I have been looking at getting a pellet grill, been researching the 30.06, Traegers, along with others. Does anyone on here own a 30.06, if so how do you like it and would you recommend it?

Also new to the pellet grill idea, I see most people doing long smokes and stuff. Is it a long process to just cook a burger, like a propane grill where you just turn it on and cook. Or is there a lot of settings to just do a simple burger or sausage? Is it worth getting a pellet grill if I will mostly do burgers and sausages but I would like to get into brisket, ribs, steaks, etc.

Thank You

GatorDave:

--- Quote from: hottensne on April 06, 2020, 05:02:35 PM ---Hello,
I have been looking at getting a pellet grill, been researching the 30.06, Traegers, along with others. Does anyone on here own a 30.06, if so how do you like it and would you recommend it?

Also new to the pellet grill idea, I see most people doing long smokes and stuff. Is it a long process to just cook a burger, like a propane grill where you just turn it on and cook. Or is there a lot of settings to just do a simple burger or sausage? Is it worth getting a pellet grill if I will mostly do burgers and sausages but I would like to get into brisket, ribs, steaks, etc.

Thank You

--- End quote ---

Most pellet grills aren't that great for the quick burger route.  They are much better for low and slow.  There are some that will do the hot and fast, but it really isn't there strong suit.  An alternative to look at is the Masterbuilt Gravity smoker.  It works with charcoal rather than pellets, but it does a much better job with the burgers and sausage.  It also works really well with the low and slow.

Bentley:
I think some pellet units grill burgers fine, from my $600 GMG to my $3000 Memphis Pro.  The FE units grill better then any charcoal or gas unit I have ever seen.

pmillen:
My answer to your grilling question will depend on what you're grilling with now.

hottensne:

--- Quote from: Bentley on April 06, 2020, 06:32:06 PM ---I think some pellet units grill burgers fine, from my $600 GMG to my $3000 Memphis Pro.  The FE units grill better then any charcoal or gas unit I have ever seen.

--- End quote ---

Thank You for the response, I'm kinda new to this, what is a FE grill?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View