Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > FEC/Cookshack

What is a good used price for a PG500?

(1/6) > >>

martinzusmc:
So I have been looking and I think I have finally settled on the  FE PG500. I think I may have found a used one that is about 4 years old. What would be be a good price. He is asking 1k & I was thinking that seems ok for a 4 y/o unit. The seller states nothing has has been replaced & I am just curious if there is any history with Auger motor, controller or temp sensor..as those seem the priciest components. I just can’t seem to find much info around complement failure..which may be a good thing. I also read on here that some years back they update the controller, but not sure what years that started. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian John:

First off, Welcome (your first post).

Generally a used pit goes for about 1/2 the price of a new one IF it has all the parts, no dents scrapes or broken parts and everything functions. Anything that isn't right detracts from the price..Make sure you take it apart and examine everything inside. The inside may give you a better idea on how it was maintained. Remember, there is NO warranty of any kind. Any problem will be yours to deal with. As for the controls or any other questions, you can contact the company with the S/N and ask. It will give you the opportunity to ask questions that may arise.

triplebq:
My advice is to get the S/N off the unit and call Cookshack. They will be able to give you the history of the unit, etc. 

Years ago I purchased a PG500 used off eBay of all places. It actually was my first Pellet unit. Going from memory I believe I paid $975 or so. Mine did have a broken hinge on the hopper door but that didn't bother me. I sold it to a friend about a year later for $850. It was a great unit and I never had any problems.

I miss this cooker

martinzusmc:
Thanks @Canadian John  Getting the S/N  & contacting Cookshack  is something I didn’t even think about. Appreciate the guidance around the 50% value & exactly what I was looking for from my first post. If I do get the only problem I hope I will have is figuring out how to move the xxxx thing...Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar-B-Lew:
50% value is a good benchmark for something 3+ years old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View