Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by martinzusmc on 09 Apr 2020
  • I live in Phoenix AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #17 by triplebq on 10 Apr 2020
  • I appreciate all the input. After calling Cookshack with the SN and going back and forth, we agreed on $900 if everything checks out. Could have probably gone a little lower but I  kind of wanted it for a Easter. Picking it up on Saturday. Now I get the fun of figuring how to move it and what to cook on it first.

Congrats, I'm sure you will love it.
  • #18 by Canadian John on 10 Apr 2020
  • I appreciate all the input. After calling Cookshack with the SN and going back and forth, we agreed on $900 if everything checks out. Could have probably gone a little lower but I  kind of wanted it for a Easter. Picking it up on Saturday. Now I get the fun of figuring how to move it and what to cook on it first.
    You can always rent a pickup or a van. Daily rentals rentals are not too expensive. You will need help loading + unloading. Tie downs and padding are a must.
  • #19 by Brushpopper on 10 Apr 2020
  • I'd rent a small trailer.  Not as high to lift it or you could take everything out of it and then just lay it on it's back with padding on the trailer.  Seems like they're flat on the back, aren't' they?  And as Canadian John said, straps or tie downs are a must.
  • #20 by martinzusmc on 10 Apr 2020
  • Good suggestion on the trailer rental..only $25 with a ramp sounds like a no brained & will make unloading a breeze...I’ll be sure to bring moving Blankets and extra tie downs. I thought my ceramic grill at 200 lbs was heavy.. if the specs of 330 lbs is right...xxxx this is a heavy beast. Curious to what the wife will say when I wheel it through the house to the backyard patio..
  • #21 by Brushpopper on 10 Apr 2020
  • Oh THAT will be fun!  Remember it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  And if it's the only way, then...
  • #22 by Bentley on 10 Apr 2020
  • I do not remember it feeling that weight when we Performance Tested it.  330 is shipping weight, but even if you throw in a 50lb pallet, which I dont think many pallets weight that much.  My recollection is not that of a 280lb unit!  10 years can cloud the mind!
  • #23 by pmillen on 10 Apr 2020
  • I don't have much in the way of upper body strength, so take this FWIW...I can barely roll my PG500 around on a concrete patio.

Regarding going through the house...The wheels are hard plastic.  I'm sure that they'll scratch a wood floor.  I'd get a moving blanket, get the unit on it and drag the blanket across any hardwood floor areas.  Or put down cardboard or something to protect the hardwood.
  • #24 by W6YJ on 10 Apr 2020
  • martinzusmc,

You might want to show the seller Craigslist San Diego as there is a PG500 listed for $750 with a cover.

Who knows, maybe your local seller will let his go for $750.
  • #25 by Osborn Cox on 10 Apr 2020
  • martinzusmc,

You might want to show the seller Craigslist San Diego as there is a PG500 listed for $750 with a cover.

Who knows, maybe your local seller will let his go for $750.
    Just another reason I wish I lived in San Diego :)
  • #26 by bborzell on 29 Oct 2022
  • I know that this topic is over 2 years old, but it got me to thinking that today’s prices are :

PG500 - $3,400

PG1000 -  $4,500

Pages:
Actions