Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by cookingjnj on 12 Apr 2020
  • Hi all, 
    I hope everyone was able to celebrate Easter however we can celebrate these days.  It was tough this year not being able to attend an Easter Mass in person.  My wife is Jewish, so we celebrate both religions.  Her temple was able to put together a Passover Seder celebration on Zoom the other night, so that was pretty cool.

For dinner today, I wanted to make a somewhat traditional Easter dinner, so I cooked a boneless leg of lamb, and grilled asparagus.  Neither are really original.  I will not go into details here on the lamb recipe as it is the same one I had posted on the Lamb Recipe Section here a few years ago.  I will say I tried something different in instead of cooking at 275 the entire cook as in the original posting, I tried cooking at 225 for the first hour then 275 the remainder of the cook.  I did not see much difference, and although when I pulled my leg when the temp probe showed 130, and began slicing when the probe showed 135, it seemed both temps were off by about 5 degrees.  Probably because of where I had the probes in the meat, since a rolled up and tied roast may have some "air" pockets.  With that said, for me, I would much rather lamb a few degrees under than too many degrees over.   Take a look at the Moroccan inspired recipe I posted.  The flavor from the pellet cookers is awesome.  Even at a few degrees under, this was really good and family enjoyed it too.   

Tonight's cook:

• #2 by jdmessner on 13 Apr 2020
  • Thanks for sharing, it looks great! I remember the previous post and referred to it last year when I cooked leg of lamb. Mine for this year is still in the freezer, waiting until it can be shared with others.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 13 Apr 2020
  • Tried lamb chops once and it was a huge failure and I have been leery ever since. That looks great, need to try it again.
  • #4 by urnmor on 13 Apr 2020
  • That looks fantastic
  • #5 by Ralphie on 13 Apr 2020
  • Now I have to grab a leg of lamb ASAP.
Pages:
Actions