Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by KrautBurner on 14 Apr 2020
  • long time Traeger owner
    I've had great experiences with my old Traeger JR (BBQ055), my father in law's Texas (BBQ075), and my current BBQ124 (American made)
    but it's too small,   and I dont really like all the problems I hear about people's newer Traegers

ordered a new Rec-Tec Bull RT-700 last week (with the Competition cart and Cold smoke box)

the shipping company called me yesterday to setup delivery tomorrow (Wednesday)
    unfortunately I am set to be working 12 hour shifts for the rest of the week,  so I probably wont get her put together and burnt in till this weekend
    first cook will probably just be cooking a couple pounds of bacon for breakfast and sandwiches next week
    followed by a belly or two worth of "pork belly burnt ends" for the guys at work  (we're "essential")

cant wait to start this #RecTecLifeStyle !!!

• #2 by okie smokie on 15 Apr 2020
  • Hope you will like the Bull.  I have 3 590's in our family and no complaints. Thank you for your "essential" job. Looks like we are finally getting toward the end of this mess. (we hope).  Don't forget to show us some of your successes with the 700. 
  • #3 by Canadian John on 15 Apr 2020

•  KB, that's something to look forward to. Hope you  follow-up with comments after a few cooks..Should be interesting to see how it compares to your previous pits... Stay Safe out there!
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 15 Apr 2020
  • I have nothing to compare it too, since my RT680 is the first and only pellet pit I have owned.  That being said, I love the pit and the great food coming off it.  I am pretty sure you will love your 700 as well.  Hope to see some results in the future. 
  • #5 by lil moose on 16 Apr 2020
  • I have a RT680 and love it!    I have used many other pellet grills and found the Rec-Tect is the best (only one better IMHO) is the MAK brand but that's way to $$$$ for me

I have had mine 4 years + and had no issues. plus I clean every three cooks just to make sure no dust builds up and I would get flameouts.  Had a Traeger and had that happen  >:(

I even used a Yoder and never cared for the weight of it much less the way it cooked

I believe you will LOVE THAT REC-TEC   
  • #6 by KrautBurner on 22 Apr 2020
  • my new BULL was delivered last Wednesday,
    I got home to a giant pallet and box in my garage (after a 12 hour shift)
    wasnt gonna put it together that night,  but figured I'd get a jump start on the Competition Cart  (it's supposed to take an hour or so)
    an hour and a half after getting home,   I had the BULL fully assembled (without the folding front shelf and cold smoker) and went to bed

next day (Thursday) I did the 400 burn in for an hour,   then gave her the spurs (got her up to 604)
    then threw some frozen burger patties onto the grillin' grates,   they came out great  (I've not seared burgers like that in years)
    Sunday,  I smoked 20lbs (2 bellies) of "Pork Belly Burnt Ends" for the guys at work on monday
    I started a little later than I should have for the volume,   so they werent at the texture I wanted by bed time,    so I left them in foil pans (wrapped) and turned the heat down to 205 to see how it held temp overnight  (with my FIREBOARD alarms set for 175/225,   alarm never went off), woke up at 345am,  pulled the foil off and bumped the temp to 230 and hopped in the shower.  pulled the pork and re-wrapped and put it into my cooler with a towel for transport to work

the 16 guys at work ate them all before the end of the work day   (I'd call that a success)

Monday,  I cold smoked steaks in the cold smoker for an hour (with the grill @200) then cranked the grill to high  (was holding 545) until the steaks hit 110 internal temp,  then I threw them on the grill grates till IT hit 220 or so,    made a wonderful smokey steak salad

Tuesday (last night) I grilled some Talapia for fish tacoes @400 for 12 min for an internal temp of 145
    came out perfect

not sure what I'll be doing tonight

• #7 by okie smokie on 22 Apr 2020
  • Awesome beast!  Enjoy.  ;D
  • #8 by lil moose on 23 Apr 2020
  • Vey nice, wished I had the comp cart for mine!

Looks like your off and running :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • #9 by triplebq on 23 Apr 2020
  •  :lick:
  • #10 by yorkdude on 23 Apr 2020
  • Very nice unit and the food sounds & looks good.
  • #11 by okie smokie on 06 Aug 2020
  • Are you satisfied with the high temp for steaks and chops?  I have been impressed that the 590 with GrillGrates can do very good searing at 500+* on the control. See no need for direct flame that others have added as options.  What say you?
Pages:
Actions