Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MMike on 17 Apr 2020
  • I am considering upgrading from a 150 lb. GMG Daniel Boone to a 280 lb. PG500.
    I have a 3" sidewalk step I am able to navigate now....How tough is it to muscle the PG500 around?
  • #2 by Canadian John on 17 Apr 2020

•  Sounds as if it will require either brute strength or ingenuity. I would think a simple ramp  with raised sides to prevent roll-off, might be the ticket. A 1:1 height to base ratio would be too steep. Think , easy to

move.  Either one large or two narrow ramps.   :2cents:
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 17 Apr 2020
  • I have a GMG DB also and went from rolling it easily in and out of my barn to a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850.  There was about a half inch drop from concrete onto crushed granite.  I had to use paving stones to build a patio that is level with the barn floor because the P&S weighs around 225 lbs (I think) plus it holds 30 lbs of pellets.  It's a beast and wouldn't roll in the crushed granite.  It sank is a better way to put it.  I never had an issue with moving the DB in or out or rolling it around, but the Maverick was too heavy for me to easily muscle around.  Of course being 5' 7" and 145 pounds doesn't help any either. 
  • #4 by pmillen on 17 Apr 2020
  • I don't think one person can move a PG500 up or down a 3-inch step.  I think two people can.

EDIT:  If you're near Omaha, NE, PM me and we'll build a 3-inch step and you can try it.
  • #5 by rdsbucks on 18 Apr 2020
  • It is a beast. But what a great smoker. And I have no grill and use my PG 500 entirely for grilling as well.
  • #6 by RSNovi on 20 Apr 2020
  • I gave away my grill after never using it anymore with the PG500.
  • #7 by MMike on 24 Apr 2020
            EDIT:  If you're near Omaha, NE, PM me and we'll build a 3-inch step and you can try it.

Thanks PMillen...I'm in West Michigan...Too far.
    I guess I'm wondering if I want to own a 300 lb. smoker that's a pain to move.
    As I'm in a condo, it would need to be moved for every use.  :o
Pages:
Actions