Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hank D Thoreau on 18 Apr 2020
  • We have been hankering for some vegetables. Getting fresh vegetables has been a bit more of a challenge lately.

I managed to pick up some common items: broccoli, zucchini, carrots, onions, peppers, cabbage, and decided to smoke a bottom round roast and make Mongolian BBQ.

I had tomatoes but I needed them for my ongoing taco binge.

There were a lot of vegetable items I could not get. So this one was rather simple, but good none the less.

I smoked the roast yesterday on my Daniel Boone. I finally discovered the secret to getting thin slices, slice the meat cold. I could not slice my first attempt thin enough for sandwiches.

One bite and you pull the meat out. This one would have worked. The meat easily pulled apart at the grain.

We had a good Chinese style cook make up the sauce for us with ingredients we got earlier at the local Chinese market.

Unlike what they do at Mongolian BBQ restaurants, I am able to cook the food in stages so that I did not over cook the delicate items while trying to get the more hearty items soft.

I expected the meat to cook down a bit but it was not as thin as you get in the Asian markets. I took it off and my wife cut the pieces smaller with meat scissors and then we put it back on just before we were ready to pull the vegetables off.

The pictures show a couple of stages. All the vegetables turned out perfect cooking this way.

Everyone was happy to have something other than meat and potatoes for dinner.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by Hank D Thoreau on 18 Apr 2020
  • For some reason the system was not accepting more than one picture in the previous post.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by Hank D Thoreau on 18 Apr 2020
  • Add some sticky rice from the rice cooker and this is what you get. I ate it with a fork, and that was after washing about ten sets of chop sticks earlier today.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by Ralphie on 19 Apr 2020
  • That looks really good. I love that style of food. Is that a propane griddle?
  • #5 by Hank D Thoreau on 20 Apr 2020
  • That is a Blue Rhino Razor griddle and uses propane. I bought it for doing Mongolian BBQ, but it is great for lots of stuff, especially big breakfasts.
Pages:
Actions