Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Queball on 26 Sep 2017
  • PZ,

Maineac set me an email, and he's going to send us each 2lb lobsters, so be sure to get him your address. ..... What a guy!  :cool:
    • Queball
  • #32 by pz on 26 Sep 2017
  • Dang, that's generous of Mainiac, Queball!

When I was young, one of the places we lived was Vermont, and we went to Portland Maine just about every summer. I developed a great fondness for Maine lobster, and we used to go to the docks where the lobster guys would sell us lobster fresh caught right off the boat, and they would throw it into a pot of boiling water right there.  We'd walk the beach enjoying the freshest lobster I've ever eaten.

It was a good deal too - 75 cents per lobster.
  • #33 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017
  • PZ,

Maineac set me an email, and he's going to send us each 2lb lobsters, so be sure to get him your address. ..... What a guy!  :cool:

:o :o :o
  • #34 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017
  • Friends of ours got married a few years back.  This was lunch -

• #35 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017
  • Sorry, PZ, we have gotten quite a ways away from Sous vide prime rib. 
  • #36 by Quadman750 on 26 Sep 2017
  • Wow, expensive lunch.
  • #37 by Queball on 26 Sep 2017
  • Oh! Man ..... That's not even fair!
    • Queball
  • #38 by Bobitis on 26 Sep 2017
  • Somehow, I just can't get over cooking something in a galvanized pot.  :puke:
  • #39 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017

Not cooked here; served here.
  • #40 by pz on 26 Sep 2017

No worries Maineac - sometimes when the topic starys a bit, it somehow feels more like we are having a friendly conversation at the local pub.  ;D
  • #41 by Bobitis on 26 Sep 2017

Not cooked here; served here.

Wheeew... Ya had me worried there.
  • #42 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017

No worries Maineac - sometimes when the topic starys a bit, it somehow feels more like we are having a friendly conversation at the local pub.  ;D

In that case, I'm buying the next round.  ;D
  • #43 by pz on 26 Sep 2017
  •  :rotf:

• #44 by Maineac on 26 Sep 2017
  • Wow, expensive lunch.

This was on the coast and the groom bought them off the dock for way less than normal retail, actually way less than wholesale.  In 1970 I bought (4) 1.5lb hard shell lobsters off the same dock to celebrate my wife's agreement to marry me.  It cost me $6.  There was so much meat in those that we couldn't eat it all.  However, today we could.  ;D
  • #45 by Queball on 26 Sep 2017
  • What do you have to pay per pound up your way, Maineac?
    • Queball
Pages:
Actions