Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 30 Apr 2020
  • Costco sells a product called Cape Cod chicken salad.  It sells for about $10, not bad, but you all know me, cheap screw and I can do it better!

Kristin likes it and for months I have been saying I would try and make some.  So here is my attempt.  Although this is a good chicken salad, I will not say it is as good as that available at Costco.  When you dont have the soybean oil, cultured dextrose, poppy seeds, xanthan gum, nisin preparation and textured soy protein, ya do your best.  You can make fun of this stuff, but it works!

I can give exact measurements on every thing but chicken, that amount will be very close.

2-3lbs Cooked Chicken (this was baked and shredded).
    3 Cups very fine diced celery.
    1 Package Craisins (1/2 chopped fine).
    1 1/2 Cup Pecans, finely chopped (or to taste).
    1 1/2 cup Mayo.
    4 TBS Honey.
    3 TBS Corn Syrup.
    3 Lemon Extract.
    2 TBS Cider Vinegar.
    2 TBS Paprika.

• #2 by Bentley on 30 Apr 2020
  • I baked the chicken at 350° for 30 minutes, cooled and shredded all but 3/4 of a pound.  That was very finely minced.

• #3 by Bentley on 30 Apr 2020
  • Add craisins, celery and nuts.

• #4 by Bentley on 30 Apr 2020
  • Add remaining ingredients, mix well, chill for 4 hours and enjoy on crackers, a sandwich or a bed of iceberg lettuce.

• #5 by pmillen on 30 Apr 2020
  • I think that must have been wonderful.  Kristin, what's your opinion?
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Apr 2020
  • I added about 2 more Tbs of honey and felt it was almost as good as Costco's and certainly better than what I usually make for myself.
  • #7 by yorkdude on 01 May 2020
  • It looks really good. Never thought about craizins but we have mixed grapes cut in half and it tastes pretty yummy.
  • #8 by Canadian John on 01 May 2020

•  I could eat that!
Pages:
Actions