Get Started Here > Important Things to Remember

Rules of the Site.

<< < (2/2)

Kristin Meredith:

--- Quote from: airedale on September 12, 2017, 07:46:11 PM --- from a lifetime of managing and consulting with businesses,.....

--- End quote ---

Well, as I said before (and I would think a truly experienced management consultant would have comprehended) we aren't a business trying to expand our customer base.

Bentley:
No.

Yes.  To be frank and blunt, there are a few on PH, that will never be welcome on this site.  Harsh, yes, but reality!

--- Quote from: Bobitis on September 12, 2017, 07:43:25 PM ---All are welcome...

Does the site need to accept everyone? No.

--- End quote ---

Mac:
Looking at this rule from the perspective of an enthusiastic community member, and someone in the middle of their lifetime of managing and consulting, I will say that I appreciate knowing there is no hidden motive or economic bias in the performance tests. They are thorough, clear, and complete. When considered along with the experiential opinions and comments of other community members, they serve as a valuable tool for deciding which cooker to purchase, which is for many of us, the initial reason for coming here. When I purchased my Memphis Pro, it was a somewhat extravagant move. I started out thinking I was going to buy something from Green Mountain Grills, then took a hard look at Yoder, then almost pulled the trigger on a Mak (wife shut that down on grounds that it looked like a "hillbilly contraption"), and finally settled on Memphis. I did so confidently, in large part because I trusted the performance tests and comments from members. I didn't have to spend a lot of time wondering about interests or goals that might not align with mine. Of course, I did end up spending almost 10 times what I intended on a pellet grill, but that's a whole other thing.

Bentley:
Thank you!

firecraftbbq:

--- Quote from: airedale on September 12, 2017, 07:46:11 PM ---My only point, from a lifetime of managing and consulting with businesses, is that the rule on tests and evaluations does not appear to me to be in your best interest.  But hey, it's your deal.  I was only trying to help.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention as a manufacturer I see test results from time to time for users that aren't the most accurate no matter what grill is being evaluated. The only way to get true results is by having rules on the tests and how they are conducted. This site is trying to do just that. If it works it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. However I think we all can agree that the way in which Bentley conducts the products tests are fair and accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View