Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Aug 2017
  • I first found 1# bags of pellets in different flavors at Walmart on markdown in Sep/Oct timeframe.  Used to use them in tin foil or a smoker box in my Webers.  When I ran out, I found them by the 40# bag on samsclub.com.  When I ran out of those, I found out they were made by Traeger.  I then found out about this thing called a pellet grill.  Found a local dealer in Northern IL who let me borrow a Traeger Elite for two weekends over an Easter weekend.  I cooked for the whole neighborhood.  I bought a Traeger XL from him.  Somehow I stumbled on a forum about pellet cooking.  They had some performance tests.  I then bought a Memphis Elite.  Read some more performance tests, and bought a MAK 2 Star.  Guess I've been cooking on these things for 6-7 years now.  Glad to be here helping out someone who did a lot of work that got me interested in this hobby.  Only met him once for about 2 hours over dinner in Vegas.  Looking forward to the next time we meet again.
  • #2 by Bentley on 24 Aug 2017
  • Glad to have you here! 

Yeah, I owe Pelletheads.com for meeting you...Was that 2012 or 2013?
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Aug 2017
  • I think it was 2013, but I could be wrong.  I think I was in Vegas for that Punk Rock Bowling music festival over Memorial Day weekend in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
  • #4 by Quadman750 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome, its funny how some find their way into pellet grilling, I went in to a hot tub store to look at BBQ's to kill time & walked out with a Memphis Elite. What a great salesman, I wasn't even looking to buy.
  • #5 by Bentley on 29 Aug 2017
  • Well...I found out when you were in Las Vegas!

• #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Aug 2017
  • Yes, that was it, but about 20# lighter ago. BBQ
Pages:
Actions