Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just some wings  (Read 251 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Just some wings
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:48:14 PM »

Hi all. 

Hope everyone is keeping safe and the families are well.  Good to see some life coming back in a few states, it is very welcomed, but let's hope safely.  My state will be way behind, but I can only hope to we move ahead sooner rather than later.  Hopefully we can all get back to something normal soon. 

I wish I could send something fun, new and exciting, but alas, just a wing and sausage cook.  Cooked some wings at 195 for about 90 minutes then turned up the temp to 425 and cooked an additional 25 minutes.  Skin did not get "crispy", but it was not chewy and had a GREAT bite, flavor was awesome according to the family.  I used Oakridge BBQ Smoky Chili and Lime Rub, which we all enjoy. 

I found out a farm about 1.5 miles from me raises cows and pigs, sends them out to PA for slaughter and then butchers them into cuts (yeah only lived here 20 years and took Covid for me to learn about this).  Bought some Chorizo and country sausage from them.  Added the Chorizo sausage to the cook tonight.  Had the sausage on the pit with the wings to smoke, but seared them on a gasser while the wings where in the high heat cook on the RT.  Casings cracked on the sausage when they went on the gasser.  I think when I cook the country sausage, I will just leave them on the RT and cook at the high temp rather than searing on any type of grill.  The Chorizo from a flavor standpoint was fantastic, and cooked perfectly.  Sorry no pics of the finished sausage. 

Yeah, my cook is not original, but I at least found a local new meat supply only 1.5 miles away, so that has to be something to celebrate in these crazy times.  I had a corporate update web meeting for work just prior to starting my cook, and there was not much from that call to celebrate AT ALL! 

Cheers everyone for staying smart and staying safe and most of all sharing on this site.  I am not a big contributor (I have said that a lot over the years) but this is one of the places I turn to many times during the day.  There is a passion here like no other, and a spirit that keeps bringing me (us) all back, it is kind of like my/our safe place.  I/We have all been drawn together by this little cylinder of compressed wood that is forced into a box to create the heat to cook our food, and all the passion that brings to us. Even if sometimes, we are cooking with other methods, we are on this site originally because of the pellet.

Keep being safe all.  Let's all come out on the other side stronger than we went into this thing!

(Bent and Kristin, feel free to move this if it should not be in Food Related since it is kind of a mixture)   

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: Just some wings
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:43:12 AM »

I love locally raised hogs and cows and right now they may be your best source of meat
Pages: [1]   Go Up