Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by GregW on 19 Sep 2017
  • That's a great looking cut.
    I've never seen that cut in any of my local stores.

I'm certainly going to be on the lookout for it.
    • GregW
  • #17 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2017
  • I know all the Brazilian Steak house love it as one of there cuts, they will usually leave that fat cap on for looks when grilling and carving!  Glisining fat, is ther really any prettier site?  Fogo da Chow in Vegas was one I remember!

Picanha or Top Sirloin Cap
    It's the top beef cut eaten in Brazil, there is only 1 per carcus side and it is a muscle that is used very little so it is insanely tender but... also has flavor!

• #18 by GregW on 19 Sep 2017
  • I know all the Brazilian Steak house love it as one of there cuts, they will usually leave that fat cap on for looks when grilling and carving!  Glisining fat, is ther really any prettier site?  Fogo da Chow in Vegas was one I remember!

It's the top beef cut eaten in Brazil, there is only 1 per carcus side and it is a muscle that is used very little so it is insanely tender but... also has flavor!

I had forgotten that I had saw that cut at the Texas De Brasil in my area.
    • GregW
  • #19 by Free Mr. Tony on 19 Sep 2017

I'm not an all you can eat guy normally, but I've been to a few Brazilian steakhouses. Very high on my top meals list. In addition to the crazy salad bar, the meat is all wonderful too. Oddly enough, a skewered chicken wing from fogo was probably the best piece of chicken that I've had.
  • #20 by GregW on 19 Sep 2017

I'm not an all you can eat guy normally, but I've been to a few Brazilian steakhouses. Very high on my top meals list. In addition to the crazy salad bar, the meat is all wonderful too. Oddly enough, a skewered chicken wing from fogo was probably the best piece of chicken that I've had.

I've only been a couple times for a buisness lunch at Texas De Brasil. I don't really care for it, not because the foods not good, I actually like the food. My dislike for it is they starve me to death, if you really like the more expensive beef, they only come around with it every 15 to 20 minutes, then they are off to the other side of the dining room. lots of other less expensive cuts make their rounds in the interim.
    • GregW
  • #21 by TechMOGogy on 19 Sep 2017
  • I cooked the 2 remaining pieces/steaks that I cut.
    Here they are pre salt
    You can see the marbling
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Resting
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

I like mine medium rare
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Dinner time :)
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #22 by Quadman750 on 19 Sep 2017
  • Cooked the way I like it, looks good.
  • #23 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2017
  • Did not see the fat caps in the other photos, those are real nice!
Pages:
Actions