Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

If allowed in your State, County, City...Would you go back to church, restaurants, bowling, hair salon...pick your activity.

Yes
No.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 5910 times)

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »

I have said it before, masks are not mandatory in Texas. I went into 2 businesses this weekend. I picked up takeout at a local restaurant that I really like and 2 out of 4 employees were wearing masks. The last time I was there, everyone wore a mask. This time the "bosses" chose not to, but the grunt workers in the kitchen wore theirs. I also had some speakers installed in my daughter's car. 3 employees and 3 customers in the building. I was the only one wearing a mask correctly. One other customer had his mask over his chin, but not covering his nose or mouth. I guess it is time to give up on the masks. It appears San Antonio, Texas is "ready"...
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »

So yeah, I don't trust any of them, including experts who may have their own agendas because they hate Trump and hate the cuts he made to important depts and they are humans with their own biases.  Sorry, being a doctor or in public health doesn't make you an angel. So I will continue to do my own research.  But I think they should all pay attention to the fact that they are all losing standing in the view of a lot of Americans.

You can believe as many or as little number of people you want. The fact of the matter is we have the virus here in the US. That's not political, made up, or fantasy. Either we try to control it or not. I'm in the try and control it camp. I'm also in the camp where I hold the medical professionals at the highest level. Being on the front line of this pandemic put you in a special category in my eyes. Maybe in your eyes they aren't angels, but in my eyes they are.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2020, 11:10:20 AM »

I whole heartily agree with triplebq. Even though this topic seems to be heading in that direction, the virus doesn't have a party affiliation, it attacks all races and genders. I spent a number of years in cooperate management and one thing that I learned is, don't shoot the messenger, in this case the doctors etc. are the messengers that we need to listen to. In my opinion, if we as a country do not attack this virus with a united effort, it's defeat will be a long way off. You can't effectively wage a war with 50 different game plans on interconnected similar battle fields.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

CaptJerry

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »

But which Doctors do you listen to?

hughver

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2020, 12:28:34 PM »

Any person trained in the medical profession knows more than I do, but I'd believe the one with the most likelihood of getting it right. If you want the the best chance at survival, I don't believe that ignoring them is an option.  :2cents:
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2020, 12:34:33 PM »

Do medical malpractice for a while.  Have bad faith cases where doctors lie under oath to win and then admit it after the fact -- and not in just one, singular instance. Maybe it taints a person's perception, I will freely cop to that. They are human, they make mistakes, they do things wrong, they have biases -- oh, did I mention they are human?

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »

The problem is the expert doctors that everyone is to believe don't seem to have a clue, they go back and forth on what helps and what does not. So how would a person actually filter through and figure out what is actually the truth? Not to mention that for every doctor that tells you one thing you will find another doctor to state the exact opposite. It seems to be a poke and hope situation at best.

I think that this year is going to be pretty much messed up for the entirety and into the next, and not 100% because of the virus, but because we are having our minds conditioned to our current lifestyles becoming the "New Normal". We already have people saying that the 2020-2021 school year may not happen. I do believe that yes there is illness, but I am not convinced it is as bad as those in charge and the media make it out to be. The numbers that come in are no where in line with what they have been telling us they would be, and they are already planting the seeds in our minds that we are going to go through this again this fall and again next spring.

I do believe that the elections for the year need to be delayed, we are moving primary dates I say just move the main elections off until next year, they seem to have enough issues with in person voting and accurate counts,, i can not imagine how you would get n accurate mail in count.

Osborn Cox

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »

I do believe that the elections for the year need to be delayed, we are moving primary dates I say just move the main elections off until next year

Don’t count on that, it would be extremely cumbersome to say the least.    Would require changing a federal law, getting it through Congress, signed by the president and through all the inevitable court challenges. 
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle

hughver

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »

they are already planting the seeds in our minds that we are going to go through this again this fall and again next spring.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »

they are already planting the seeds in our minds that we are going to go through this again this fall and again next spring.

What is sad that even if you do learn from it, we have no choice our leaders will make the choice for us. We elect them to be our voice and they do as they want.

hughver

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

We elect them to be our voice and they do as they want.

I'm not very bright but I'm sure that it's better than not having them elected.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »

People actually have tp know history, and know it accurately, for that statement to have any effect.

hughver

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2020, 06:42:42 PM »

Most people can remember back to this past April.

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2020, 07:48:54 PM »

>And projections of illness and death are another example.  I saw a good article yesterday. 
>Gov Gavin Newsome, on March 18, told the federal gov't that within 8 weeks (i.e. May 13)
>they projected roughly 56% of Californians would be infected -- about 25.5 million people --
>and they would have 255,000 deaths.  That was with a shut down and masks and social distancing, etc. 
>I am sure he had experts providing him with those numbers.

Those were the estimates if nothing had been done - the worst case scenario that was modeled before any closures. He didn't just pull the numbers out of thin air but should have given more context.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:57:00 PM by bregent »

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »

Would we have adopted these stay at home policies if 90% or those dying were under the age of 6?

I believe the stay at home policy was put in place to protect everyone regardless of the age of those dying. Not sure why it would be otherwise.

Do you feel if kids under 6 were the ones dying we wouldn't have a stay at home order?
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up