Poll: If allowed in your State, County, City...Would you go back to church, restaurants, bowling, hair salon...pick your activity.

Yes
No.

Pages:
Actions
  • #136 by W6YJ on 12 May 2020
  • Do the tests which say if you are positive also indicate whether you have had it in the past -- i.e. you would not test positive for an active case but you would show you have had it?  I would be more interested in knowing if I have had it - because if I have, it was a sleeper virus for sure.

Kristin,

The RT-PCR (nasal swab) tests report if you presently have it, but not if you've had it in the past.

To check if you've had it in the past, it is a simple finger prick and the blood drop is sent out for antibody testing.
  • #137 by triplebq on 12 May 2020
  • No.  I said  "You come in contact with a lot of kids under 6 on a day to day basis, work, shopping, socializing?

Not sure how clearer I can make this for you. Yes I come into contact with kids under 6 on a day to day basis. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.
  • #138 by Kristin Meredith on 12 May 2020
  • Thanks for the various responses on the testing.  I would be interested in an antibody test just out of pure curiosity, but have not heard about those being given in Virginia yet.
  • #139 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 May 2020
  • I just ordered some Steelers, Mets, and Flyers face masks as it looks like this is going to be a while before we will be allowed in public without them and I will have them in case I need them in the Fall/Winter again.  If I am going to have to wear one, I may as well be sporting my favorite teams.
  • #140 by hughver on 14 May 2020
  • My wife is going into surgery tomorrow (elective, nothing serious) and she was required to be tested for coronavirus yesterday. All she did was go to a drive through and spit into a cup that looks like a pee cup.
  • #141 by BigDave83 on 14 May 2020
  • I just ordered some Steelers, Mets, and Flyers face masks as it looks like this is going to be a while before we will be allowed in public without them and I will have them in case I need them in the Fall/Winter again.  If I am going to have to wear one, I may as well be sporting my favorite teams.

As of tomorrow it is my understanding that masks are suggested not required. But then I am in Somerset county we move to yellow, which oddly enough doesn't seem a whole lot different than red.
  • #142 by ICIdaho on 14 May 2020
  • My wife is going into surgery tomorrow (elective, nothing serious) and she was required to be tested for coronavirus yesterday. All she did was go to a drive through and spit into a cup that looks like a pee cup.

That sounds a whole lot better than that diagram.  I am not in a category to be concerned about the virus, but I sure would be concerned about that test up the nose!
  • #143 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 May 2020

As of tomorrow it is my understanding that masks are suggested not required. But then I am in Somerset county we move to yellow, which oddly enough doesn't seem a whole lot different than red.

We are still in red in Lehigh County for at least another two weeks, and yes, yellow is not much different than red IMO either.
  • #144 by hughver on 15 May 2020
  • Am I the only one in the country that didn't know that coronavirus and covid-19 were not the same thing? It seems that the terms are used interchangeably but I read that (novel) coronavirus is normally a mild flu like virus that when infected, can cause covid-19, an upper repertoire disease.  ???
  • #145 by Kristin Meredith on 15 May 2020
  • I thought coronavirus refered to a whole category of viruses including SARS and MERS and COVID-19 was a referance to this specific virus.
  • #146 by ICIdaho on 15 May 2020
  • Am I the only one in the country that didn't know that coronavirus and covid-19 were not the same thing? It seems that the terms are used interchangeably but I read that (novel) coronavirus is normally a mild flu like virus that when infected, can cause covid-19, an upper repertoire disease.  ???

If a person contracts the novel corona virus (SARS-CoV-2), the result is the disease called COVID-19. That is what I have read anyways.
  • #147 by okie smokie on 15 May 2020
  • I thought coronavirus refered to a whole category of viruses including SARS and MERS and COVID-19 was a referance to this specific virus.
    I believe that "coronavirus" is the category that that family of respiratory viruses belong to.  Covid 19, Sars and Mers are the specific viruses in that category. So you are correct (if I am). In fact if I am correct, many of the common "colds" are in the same  general category but just aren't as virulent.  Also, if I am correct, then why have we not had a effort to provide vaccines for the common "cold".  Probably because it is not a threat, and because these viruses mutate so often as to not make a vaccine worth the effort it would take to update it so often.  All of this is my opinion. 
  • #148 by hughver on 15 May 2020
  • I found this on the internet at CDC.gov. "On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19."  ???
  • #149 by ICIdaho on 15 May 2020
  • I found this on the internet at CDC.gov. "On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19."  ???

Yes, COVID-19 is the disease caused by the virus.  Much like AIDS is the disease caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
  • #150 by yorkdude on 20 May 2020
  • Based on where we are now with relation to the current information, the slow re-opening etc.  Has anyone's opinion changed ?
Pages:
Actions