Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

If allowed in your State, County, City...Would you go back to church, restaurants, bowling, hair salon...pick your activity.

Yes
No.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 5904 times)

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2020, 08:56:52 AM »

I doubt it. I'd venture 1/2 the people that are regular posters here are nearing retirement age or older, and as such, are more susceptible to CV. It falls in line with the poll where about 1/2 the people are ready to get back to some type of normalcy and the other 1/2 are not.

My opinion has not changed, but I voted yes anyway.

HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2020, 09:23:29 AM »

Mine hasn't changed.

Every time I go out I see people not social distancing and not wearing mask. I will let others venture out first and be very careful where I go. I will still do restaurant pickup, eat in the car at times, do grocery pickup from Walmart, etc.

In my area where I live we have seen a spike in the numbers (as we start to open), but that is to be expected in my opinion. As soon as those start to even out a bit I will reaccess.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »

We went for a mid-afternoon meal at a seafood restaurant here in Tulsa.  Our first meal outside of our house (except for one at our kids house last week). Everyone working was masked and gloved, and the tables were appropriately spaced. No condiments on the tables, but they were brought in sterile packets when requested. We kept our own masks on until seated.  Only a couple of other customers at 3 pm.--all seated far from us.  Great meal of grilled salmon, hush puppies, slaw and beans. 
Plan is now to investigate before we eat out for places like this one. ???

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »

I am ready, but unfortunately some doctors are not.  Not to overshare too much, but a year and a half ago, I had a growth which appeared fairly suddenly on my calf.  I thought it was some type of big mole or maybe a cyst and wasn't too bothered, but Bentley said I should have it checked out.  It turned out to be cancer, a Squamous Cell Carcinoma.  It was about 2 mos from discovery to removal; it was outptient, but they took a good sized divet from my calf and I still have an indentation.  I was lucky that it was still in the early stages because I guess it can get nasty if it goes untreated.  So I also had to be examined for other skin cancers and two basal cells carcs were discovered and removed.

So, I now have to go every 6 months for skin check-ups.  My 6 mo appt was supposed to be this morning.  The doctor's office called yesterday and canceled and said they don't know when she will be back to seeing patients, but they will call.  So, hope nothing is growing, but who knows.  I may survive the COVID-19 outbreak, but die of a skin cancer that wasn't caught in time because doctors didn't want to practice in this environment.

I am grateful that my GP doesn't feel this way, because yesterday I had to go in because I had a red spot on my back and Bentley thought he removed a tick from my clothing about 4 days ago, but could not be sure.  My GP wanted me in immediately -- bless her! Turns out there was a tick attached to me in the center of that red spot and I have all the classic signs of Lyme disease so went on an immediate treatment plan.  So many things can happen to us in life, I figure I just need to live.

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

Sorry to hear that, do they think that they caught the lyme disease early enough? I obviously have heard of it but zero experience and as far as I know, no one I know has had it.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »

Sorry to hear that, do they think that they caught the lyme disease early enough? I obviously have heard of it but zero experience and as far as I know, no one I know has had it.

It seems to be within the first 4 to 5 days, so they were happy with that and I am hopeful for a very good outcome because of early intervention.  I am grateful to a doctor who is physically having office hours because I don't know how else she could have seen a small tick in my body.

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2020, 11:49:09 AM »

I have had 2 virtual doctor visits and 2 in office visits (blood draws). My eye doctor just sent out an email saying they are now open. They have implemented procedures to help mitigate the virus. I think this is going to be the norm for a while. 
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2020, 11:51:45 AM »

Best of luck to you in staying healthy, Kristin!

I was supposed to have a regular 6 month checkup with my doctor tomorrow.  They called yesterday, and I postponed it until August.  I feel no different then I did when I was there six months ago and do not need any prescription refills at this time so I didn't see the need to risk going to the office.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »

It was a different experience.  You had prelim stuff over the phone, then had to sit in your car where a staff member came out and "checked you in", then sit in your car until they were reday to put you in the exam room.  Limited contact with folks for sure.

Peterwoody

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2020, 04:15:39 PM »

We went to our local Costco (The Woodlands, Houston) earlier today. The checkout lines extended from the checkout to the rear of the store and people had carts loaded as if the world was coming to an end. Our needs were not overly critical so we backed out of there. We have been trying to work out why the craziness today as our son went yesterday and said the checkout was a breeze.
Peter GMG Davey Crockett

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »

I'm about to head to our local grocery store, Weis, in about an hour.  Hopefully, it is not pandemonium like you had at Costco in the Houston suburbs.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Peterwoody

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

Bentley, that was our best guess. Can't blame people for wanting to get some normalcy back into their lives and Memorial Day is as good a day as any to start.
Peter GMG Davey Crockett

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »

I was scheduled to have cataract surgery the same week that all elective surgery was cancelled here in Virginia.  When I got the call cancelling the surgery I was pretty mad (I had waited 2 months to get a surgery date). But once I started seeing all the Covid-19 cases being reported in James City County I was actually relieved that I had not gone into the hospital.  Two months later I am ecstatic that I am having one eye fixed tomorrow and the second one in two weeks.   I don't think there is much risk in a hospital setting now and I really want my eyesight back.  The hospital protocols are really strict-my wife has to wait in the parking lot until I am released.  Only patients are allowed into outpatient surgery.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »

those hospital protocols seem to be the same protocols for all types of doctors offices and eye doctors here in PA too

was surprised out how out of stock the grocery store was in just about every aisle and type of food

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2020, 06:28:54 AM »

I am ready, but unfortunately some doctors are not.  Not to overshare too much, but a year and a half ago, I had a growth which appeared fairly suddenly on my calf.  I thought it was some type of big mole or maybe a cyst and wasn't too bothered, but Bentley said I should have it checked out.  It turned out to be cancer, a Squamous Cell Carcinoma.  It was about 2 mos from discovery to removal; it was outptient, but they took a good sized divet from my calf and I still have an indentation.  I was lucky that it was still in the early stages because I guess it can get nasty if it goes untreated.  So I also had to be examined for other skin cancers and two basal cells carcs were discovered and removed.

So, I now have to go every 6 months for skin check-ups.  My 6 mo appt was supposed to be this morning.  The doctor's office called yesterday and canceled and said they don't know when she will be back to seeing patients, but they will call.  So, hope nothing is growing, but who knows.  I may survive the COVID-19 outbreak, but die of a skin cancer that wasn't caught in time because doctors didn't want to practice in this environment.

I am grateful that my GP doesn't feel this way, because yesterday I had to go in because I had a red spot on my back and Bentley thought he removed a tick from my clothing about 4 days ago, but could not be sure.  My GP wanted me in immediately -- bless her! Turns out there was a tick attached to me in the center of that red spot and I have all the classic signs of Lyme disease so went on an immediate treatment plan.  So many things can happen to us in life, I figure I just need to live.

Kristin, sorry to hear about your recent health issues.  Wishing you all the best for recovery, and a brighter future. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up