Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by pmillen on 19 Sep 2017
  • Yeppers, I like it here.
    Thanks to all.

+1

I never viewed the two sites as mutually exclusive.  I planned to spend time on both.
  • #17 by GregW on 19 Sep 2017
  • I'm glad to be here, the site took a while for me to find.

Is there any possibility the old PH site will ever come back online?
    • GregW
  • #18 by pmillen on 19 Sep 2017
  • Is there any possibility the old PH site will ever come back online?

There's a possibility.  I doubt that there's anyone reading PF that knows what the new owner's plans are, tho'.
  • #19 by smokin soon on 19 Sep 2017
  • I don't know squat about what it would take to overhaul an SMF forum. Any idea what Burke is doing with his investment? As time passes, the revenue possibilities would have to be fading as folks migrate over here.
    For me, I'm a happy cooker here at PelletFan, A fresh start is like cleaning out your garage. I see an energy for contribution here I did not see on Pelletheads. Also feel a different tone here with Bent and Kristen that is a bit more welcoming, can't really put my finger on it, but it's a feeling I get. I can see a rapid growth in the future.
  • #20 by TechMOGogy on 19 Sep 2017
  • I don't know squat about what it would take to overhaul an SMF forum. Any idea what Burke is doing with his investment? As time passes, the revenue possibilities would have to be fading as folks migrate over here.
    For me, I'm a happy cooker here at PelletFan, A fresh start is like cleaning out your garage. I see an energy for contribution here I did not see on Pelletheads. Also feel a different tone here with Bent and Kristen that is a bit more welcoming, can't really put my finger on it, but it's a feeling I get. I can see a rapid growth in the future.

We need a "Like" button!
  • #21 by sleebus.jones on 19 Sep 2017
  • Also feel a different tone here with Bent and Kristen that is a bit more welcoming, can't really put my finger on it, but it's a feeling I get.

You are not alone my friend and it's a good thing!!   8)  Good vibes FTW!
  • #22 by InThePitBBQ on 20 Sep 2017
  • Also feel a different tone here with Bent and Kristen that is a bit more welcoming, can't really put my finger on it, but it's a feeling I get.

You are not alone my friend and it's a good thing!!   8)  Good vibes FTW!

I made your Husk Cheeseburger Sauce recipe you posted in another thread, we had the whole neighborhood over in the pool that day and I made burgers and brats for everyone they tore that sauce up!

There wasn't a spoonful of it left, were gonna be serving that up on a regular basis now just one example of how you find things you really like coming here and reading the forum.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #23 by ShireSteve on 21 Sep 2017

• We need a "Like" button!
    A like button would be the icing on the cake of this already brilliant site!
    • ShireSteve
  • #24 by LowSlowJoe on 21 Sep 2017

• We need a "Like" button!
    A like button would be the icing on the cake of this already brilliant site!
    Yes, then we wouldn't have to post some little drivel to say we liked that comment... :)   Not sure if it's available, but it really would be nice to have.
  • #25 by Mikro on 21 Sep 2017
  • It is so good to see familiar names again. :) Great Decision Bentley and Kristen, I think when you said if the other was still up you would not have as many people coming here. I disagree, the two of you were instrumental in the success of PH and everyone knew that and will follow. :) At least that is my hope for this site. I know I lurk a lot and maybe don't contribute as much as I should, but I can say this, Thank You!! I feel at home again.
    MK
  • #26 by Brushpopper on 21 Sep 2017
  • I reckon Kristin and Bentley don't know what they've created.  I am just happy they did!  And seeing all the familiar names is so nice!
  • #27 by Bobitis on 21 Sep 2017
  • I'm getting long in the tooth, but it seems to me that the membership yesterday was at 176ish.
    Today its at 219?  ???

That's some serious growth in a month with little direction on the www.
  • #28 by Bentley on 22 Sep 2017
  • My humor is sometimes lost on folks, or misconstrue, which is usually worse so I think I will not go down the path I was going to.  I will just say...

Kristin has had much more to do with getting this site set up then I have, and I agree with you 100% about her contributions on Pelletheads.com, they were monetary, intellectual and structural, for lack of a better word... and for the most part, they went unnoticed and many times unappreciated because she did not make a fuss...

You will definitely be on her A list after this post!

Great Decision Bentley and Kristen, I think when you said if the other was still up you would not have as many people coming here. I disagree, the two of you were instrumental in the success of PH and everyone knew that and will follow.
  • #29 by Bobitis on 22 Sep 2017
  • My humor is sometimes lost on folks, or misconstrue, which is usually worse so I think I will not go down the path I was going to.

You make that sound like a bad thing. Humor is a good thing. Far too many don't get the intention and fail to appreciate the investment.
    Sarcasm is much the same. 

Get it? No?   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pages:
Actions