Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Brushpopper on 09 May 2020
  • My sister's husband is into this big time.  His dad was a high school physics teacher and knew everything seemed to me when I was a kid.  They started dating when I was six, so we're here 50+ years later.  When my BIL took the test after his dad passed away he was asked who he was by the folks who decided if he got the license.  No one had ever scored a perfect score on the test down there but he did.  When he told the board who his dad was they weren't surprised.  He was able to get his dad's call sign and during hurricanes he takes his equipment to the hospital my sister works at so they can communicate.  They are close to the coast and the Mexico border and get hit every few years.  Need to call them tomorrow by telephone and see what his call sign is.  I'm not smart enough to use a ham radio.
  • #17 by W6YJ on 09 May 2020
  • BBL,
    My guess is you're probably right.
    Most hams I know are older.
    I had mentioned my repeater network has eight repeaters, six that I built and two that a friend of my oldest daughter in his thirties has built.
    It does seem most young people are more interested in social networking (anti-social to me).

Sigh....
Pages:
Actions