Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 12 May 2020

•  Thermoworks has just released a non- contact forehead thermometer called, Wand.   A good move adapting to our present  conditions..Sure as heck beats sticking a Thermopen into ones forehead.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 May 2020
  • A little expensive for a home user, but may be a good price for a restaurant type use or small business.
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 12 May 2020

•  Thermoworks has just released a non- contact forehead thermometer called, Wand.   A good move adapting to our present  conditions..Sure as heck beats sticking a Thermopen into ones forehead.

Thanks CJ!  I got a good hard laugh out of this.  Although, I used to work with some folks I'd have liked to do that to.  ???
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 29 May 2020
  • The WAND is great. I bought two. One for home, and one for my son for testing when he returns to work. I am probably on ThermoWorks frequent flyer list.

The first was a pre-orders. I bought the second after I saw how good they worked and saw a need for my son.

I have a large collection of their products. I appreciate good instrumentation. I don't skimp when it comes to health products.

• #5 by hughver on 29 May 2020
  • I also purchased one and so far its worked fine. Before buying, I tried using my Fluke 561 IR thermometer to read my temperature but the emissivity is set to 0.95 (the 561 only has hi, med or low emissivity settings) and the emissivity of skin is 0.98. I assumed that this is the reason that the 561 always reads low on skin.
  • #6 by pmillen on 29 May 2020
  • [T]he emissivity of skin is 0.98.

Thermoworks' Q&A section says that skin tone doesn't affect readings.  That doesn't seem to match what I know about emissivity.  The Wand apparently doesn't have an emissivity adjustment.

I'm interested in your thought's on this subject.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 29 May 2020

Okay no one has said so I will.

Or sticking the Thermapen somewhere else.

If as the doctor is putting on a rubber glove he says, You may feel a little discomfort, you may want to run.
  • #8 by hughver on 29 May 2020
  • Per the WAND instructions: "Change to surface Mode  - With device turned on, press and hold Power button, then press start to toggle between modes. Device will automatically return to forehead mode after powered off and back on again." There are two modes, body and surface, the emissivity is fixed at 0.95 in the surface mode and it can be used like any other IR thermometer. I did not find what the emissivity was in the body mode.
  • #9 by Hank D Thoreau on 30 May 2020
  • They key with any thermometer like this is to baseline your normal body temperature at different times of the day. It is deviations from normal that are key.

This type of thermometer is easy to that do that with. Much easier than an ear or mouth thermometer.

What makes the IR thermometer great is that it is non touch which means you have less issues with spreading germs.

As far a using the Thermapen "somewhere else", there may be better options. Isn't there a pro-probe designed for that?

Using a Signals and four probes would allow you to probe in various places to ensure you are getting the best reading.
  • #10 by hughver on 30 May 2020
  • If I read the instructions correctly, holding the start button down while in the surface mode allows the device to read continuously, just like my Fluke 561.
  • #11 by Canadian John on 02 Jun 2020

•  Now discounted 18% for 48 hours.
  • #12 by Bentley on 02 Jun 2020
  • If ya buy it with our link the site gets a cut!

https://www.thermoworks.com/wand?tw=PelletFan
  • #13 by Canadian John on 03 Jun 2020
  • If ya buy it with our link the site gets a cut!

https://www.thermoworks.com/wand?tw=PelletFan
      Just ordered 3 Wands using this https. It appeared to me Pellet Fan wasn't being cut into the deal. I emailed Thermoworks back using my order confirmation requesting they please credit PF. Their

immediate answer was yes, the $ would be issued...Following up on a Thermoworks order might be a good idea to assure PF is in fact being payed. Just use the order confirmation and hit reply.
  • #14 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2020
  • Thank you.  I have not been paying close attention to this and as I look into it, I see I have nit received any conformation emails since Jan.  I have email the Thermoworks affiliate program, that you so much for your diligence in this matter!
  • #15 by Bentley on 04 Jun 2020
  • Just an FYI if you are using our link or trying to help the site.  A conversation with one of the folks at Thermoworks.

Thanks again for all who have supported the site!

Hi Bentley,

I actually received an email from this exact customer this morning and saw his comment on the forums.  After some pretty extensive research his transaction does not show in Post Affiliate Pro or Google Analytics.  The most likely reason is that his browser is blocking cookies. I tested your links and I can see clicks tracking within 60 seconds so I don't believe there is any problem there.

I don't normally import transactions manually but in this case I will since the customer went to such a big effort to make sure we knew it should belong to you.

Aside from that, how is everything going with you? Anything I can help with?

Thanks for responding. 

"The most likely reason is that his browser is blocking cookies."  So this could be happening with others and the site loses out on the sale?  That would be my major concern right now.

We do not do a lot of business on the site, but in 2019 we had 22 sales over the course of that year, this is only the 2nd one for 2020.  I just have to rely if I ask people to use my link and they do it gets recorded, I do not know what to say other then that!

Yes it could be happening on other sales as well. With all the new pushes for privacy on the internet, many browsers are making it easier to block cookies/tracking. Overall, we are still tracking 95+ percent of all transactions so it is a relatively small number but we are actively monitoring that.

The bulk of your sales come from the holiday season last year. If there was a place on your website that a banner wouldn't feel strange, that could be a good way to increase clicks/conversions.

It appeared to me Pellet Fan wasn't being cut into the deal.
Pages:
Actions