Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 15 May 2020
  • I got a new GMG Badge for my Daniel Boone.  The new badge has threads on it and a 3rd nipple on the back.  My old badge has no threads and no nipple.  Question is:  Are there nuts holding it on or just speed nuts?  Is there 3 holes in the lid to compensate for the nipple?

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Canadian John on 16 May 2020

•  Looks to me the nipple(center) is a locator and the 2 threaded studs require nuts, either speednuts or all metal nuts.. I had a Traeger with a badge that had solid posts + used speed nuts. Being a fussy person who wanted to remove the badge for cleaning, I threaded the posts and used a lock washers and hex nuts..I had to be extremely careful to barely tighten the nuts as the soft metal badge posts could have  been damaged by over tightening. I put a drop of cooking oil on the threads as a thread locker(dries sticky + hardens with heat).  Bottom line, if you have no intention on removing the badge,for any reason,  use speed or push nuts.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 16 May 2020
  • If the large pins line up and you don't want to make a hole for the locator, you could thread as mentioned and just use a wing nut to secure or just a bit of red RTV to hold it in place.
  • #4 by just4fn on 16 May 2020
  • You would think the nipple for a locater wouldn't be necessary since the 2 posts cant go anywhere else.  Maybe I'm over thinking this.
  • #5 by just4fn on 16 May 2020
  • This is my solution.  I grounded the 3rd nipple off and added nuts and washers

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions