Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pork Jerky  (Read 3526 times)

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
Re: Pork Jerky
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »

One of those big pork loins from Costco.  About 2' long and about 6" around.  I slice against the grain about 1/4" after trimming a bit of fat off.  You get at least 7lbs of good slices for jerky, I think my last batch was closer to 8.5 lbs.  I used two premade spice mix kits, each one was for 5 lbs.  Mad Hunky brand.
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »

Not a fan of that brand!  But spices are the least of my worries when it comes to jerky!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 12:41:38 AM »

Ive had good experience with Cabela's jerky seasonings.  However, my buddy and I are honing in on our own seasonings.  I think we will get there in 2018 despite how many beers we consume.  We used 9 flavors last practice and were not disappointed with any.  Problem was we didnt document any of those 9 recipes.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up