Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folding Front Shelf  (Read 5082 times)

Yelnoc

Re: Folding Front Shelf
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 07:30:06 PM »

I bought the "Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Folding Front Shelf".  Even though its designed for a Traeger it fits my GMG DB perfectly.

https://www.target.com/p/traeger-lil'-tex-elite-folding-front-shelf/-/A-16993615

More money than the GMG, maybe a wash if you include shipping, but that of course is not a solid surface - how did you attach the Traeger shelf?

RemoGaggi

• Using less gas.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »

I built a magnetic folding shelf for my Mak 1-star, but you can easily make a folding shelf using some folding brackets from Amazon (about $9 each) and some wood for the shelf - i used 3 boards, glued and put together with pocket holes and stained black (or just use a flat board).  Go magnetic or drill a couple holes in the GMG to hold the brackets.  See my post under the MAK section of this forum for the complete setup, but here are a couple of pics.

Mak 1-Star, GMG Davy Crockett, Weber WSM & Various Kettles

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »

I built a magnetic folding shelf for my Mak 1-star, but you can easily make a folding shelf using some folding brackets from Amazon (about $9 each) and some wood for the shelf - i used 3 boards, glued and put together with pocket holes and stained black (or just use a flat board).  Go magnetic or drill a couple holes in the GMG to hold the brackets.  See my post under the MAK section of this forum for the complete setup, but here are a couple of pics.

That is a really good idea.  If I remember correctly, didn't the original magnetic shelf hold over 20 lbs?

I bought the "Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Folding Front Shelf".  Even though its designed for a Traeger it fits my GMG DB perfectly.

https://www.target.com/p/traeger-lil'-tex-elite-folding-front-shelf/-/A-16993615

More money than the GMG, maybe a wash if you include shipping, but that of course is not a solid surface - how did you attach the Traeger shelf?

You'll have to use the older style Traeger shelf with the two arms that come upward.  The arms bolt to the GMG legs.  I happened to find one on eBay thanks to LSFS.  I haven't got it yet.  Hopefully today.  Then the GMG front shelf is going inside to be the second shelf.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Quadman750

• North of the border
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »

Great idea & it looks good. RV’s sometimes have the folding shelf hinges like that on the end of some of their counter tops.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

RemoGaggi

• Using less gas.
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 11:05:56 PM »

My first magnetic setup (with harbor freight magnets) tested and held 34 lbs, but dropped at 35lbs.  It easily held 20lbs.  My second version uses 120lb magnets from Amazon and although I didn't test it, I can tell these magnets are a lot stronger than the harbor freight magnets.  So it will easily hold over 20lbs.

Mak 1-Star, GMG Davy Crockett, Weber WSM & Various Kettles

zephyr

• Using less gas.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »

Folding Front Shelf:

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

[ Invalid Attachment ]                                                            .......................................................     ZEP

><> Titus 3:2-7 <><           [M2SG]  [UDS] [36X19 Phantom Downdraft]   [Karubecue C-60 Downdraft]

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »

I finally got my Traeger folding front shelf mounted on the DB.  Had to modify the brackets a bit by making the mounting holes more oblong so it could be mounted about 1/4" lower.  The lid was dragging on the shelf when I would open it.  It works much better than the GMG shelf and is easier to fold up and down.  Thanks for the advice LSFS!!
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »

Show us a picture when you have the time!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

StevenM

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

Show us a picture when you have the time!

^^^^^^ this please

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »

Here are some pictures of the Traeger Junion shelf I put on my Daniel Boone.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 10:14:41 AM »

Nicely done,reubenray!

Redapple

• Using less gas.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »

Looks Good. Just the right depth for placing or pulling meats!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up