Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by barkonbutts on 02 Sep 2017
  • Did a tri tip.  Cooked it at 300* with cherry.  Think this one was pulled around 125 to 130. Topped with Ranchman's Butter and let rest!!
    • barkonbutts
  • #2 by Quadman750 on 02 Sep 2017
  • I probably would not believe you unless I seen a picture ::)
  • #3 by barkonbutts on 02 Sep 2017
  • Trying to figure this picture thing out... said file too big... keep reading.. it will come together.. trying to get the sliced pic up....
    • barkonbutts
  • #4 by InThePitBBQ on 02 Sep 2017
  • Delicious is the first thing that comes to mind, I love tr-tip and butter!  :clap:
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #5 by Bentley on 03 Sep 2017
  • Tried to buy some at Chantilly Restaurant Repot and Fredericksburg Costco, no luck at either!
  • #6 by barkonbutts on 05 Sep 2017
  • Tried to buy some at Chantilly Restaurant Repot and Fredericksburg Costco, no luck at either!

I asked my costco for them and he said they would not sell... yet they never stocked them either.. or tried to sell them... I can get them at my local store but they are 5.99 to 8.99 a pound... kinda pricey when I can get the ribeye for 4.99 to 6.99.... I often wait for managers special to pick them up...
    • barkonbutts
  • #7 by LBTRS on 20 Sep 2017
  • They sell them by the truck load at the Costco's here. The meat case has them in a two pack of unseasoned and a single pack if you want it already seasoned.

My favorite meat to cook on the grill.
  • #8 by pz on 20 Sep 2017
  • Boy that looks tender and juicy.  We can purchase tri-tip fairly regularly at the local Winco for about $3.98/lb when it is on sale (a couple of times a month for the past few months). Cash & Carry also has them in a three-pack.
  • #9 by Bentley on 20 Sep 2017
  • It is certainly not to be found in Mayberry or Northern Virginia!
  • #10 by Bobitis on 20 Sep 2017
  • Ranchman's Butter? Do tell...
  • #11 by barkonbutts on 12 Oct 2017
  • Ranchman's Butter? Do tell...

Two sticks butter, 6 to 10 basil leaves, tablespoon Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning, few cranks of CBP, bit of thyme, garlic to your liking.... I use about a heaping tablespoon of the pre-chopped.

blend with mixer and refrigerate in logs!
    • barkonbutts
Pages:
Actions