Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Brushpopper on 25 May 2020
  • I have been wanting a Cajun Fryer from this company. They seem to make a few interesting products, pressure smoker, griddle, gas grill. More coin than the Bayou Classic stuff because it is US made.

https://cajunfryer.com/

Now I want one of these and I have absolutely no need for it!

You could start a french fry stand in your front yard to justify the cost. They are popular in Canada but not necessarily in ones yard.  ;)

That would be a rough one to get permission for from my wife!!!  :D
  • #17 by heffneil on 26 May 2020
  • Mine - now the 9 gallon since it was only $20 more, is on the way!  I will provide updates as it comes!
  • #18 by Brushpopper on 26 May 2020
  •  :cool:
  • #19 by Bentley on 26 May 2020
  • Settled on what 1st fry will be yet?
  • #20 by slaga on 26 May 2020
  • You can thank Outback for introducing the Bloomin Onion back in the day, for the popularity of the design that allows the cooler space below the burners to catch the breading that falls off of the food, without burning it. They did not come up with the design by any means, but everyone trying their own version of the Bloomin Onion made the design very popular for a few years. Whether or not it is needed really depends on what you cook (breaded or not) and how often you filter the oil. That oil sitting down there below the burner with the breading that fell off while cooking is not really used in the cooking process and is just thrown out. If you cook french fries and filter your oil often, like places like McDonald's does, you waste money on oil by having that space below the burner. If you cook a lot of breaded stuff, and want a little more time between filtering / replacing your oil, it is a big plus.
  • #21 by heffneil on 31 May 2020
  • Hey guys it comes Monday not friday and I ordered Canola oil from webstaurant but it hasn't shipped.  Poor planning on my part :)

I made some orange chicken in the cast iron pot with peanut oil on the side burner of the grill last night. Worked really well!  I would like to do wings first but having trouble finding them locally now!

I also bought some fries.  We are full quarantine here for safety and my wife has been begging for McDonalds fries.  Today (with restaurant opening around here) we could smell the fried potatoes in our back yard!

• #22 by heffneil on 01 Jun 2020
  • Came today! Interesting it was in a decent sized box.  My son helped me assemble.  Didn't take very long.  I will upload some pics tomorrow.  I need to clean it out.  It looks like it was tested and has a little stick to the metal.  Also the foam stuck and is everywhere plus I want to test it holds fluid so I will wash tomorrow.

Oil is still a few days away...

I ordered three pressers which was a mistake because they are too big and don't fit in the baskets that have a slight taper.

Neil
  • #23 by heffneil on 02 Jun 2020
  • Pics as promised.
  • #24 by GatorDave on 02 Jun 2020
  • I have been wanting a Cajun Fryer from this company. They seem to make a few interesting products, pressure smoker, griddle, gas grill. More coin than the Bayou Classic stuff because it is US made.

When I get one, this is the one I'm going to get.  I have been looking at these for years, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  • #25 by BigDave83 on 02 Jun 2020

When I get one, this is the one I'm going to get.  I have been looking at these for years, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I have been wanting one for a while also. I have 3 turkey fryers, have not used one of them for 2 years. Just don't fry that much, to many other ways to cook I guess. I wanted the 6 gallon one as it would do a turkey if I wanted to. But realistically the 2 or 4 would probably work fine for me. 

I will be waiting to see how the bayou classic works out here. I still  think I will go with the cajun fryer if I buy, but the SS is nice looking. Have also thought about finding a used commercial fryer.
  • #26 by heffneil on 04 Jun 2020
  • The oil came yesterday.  I have some fries coming tomorrow from Costco so I might do them tomorrow.  Also I had to get a propane tank.  Slowly coming together but little to report. 

I do see a product that is a powder stabilizer and cleaner.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I'm a bit apprehensive about using another chemical especially one that I good IN.

Thanks!

Neil
  • #27 by heffneil on 07 Jun 2020
  • Hey guys made some steaks tonight and fried up som mozzarella sticks and french fries (frozen varieties).  Wife and kids were very happy with the results!

• #28 by Bentley on 08 Jun 2020
  • It all looks good, but there is just something about fries made at home, and I will take the frozen bagged kind over fresh cut any day.  Let Ore-Ida do all the work!  I will just finish them off at home, they look Great!
  • #29 by BigDave83 on 08 Jun 2020
  • It all looks good, but there is just something about fries made at home, and I will take the frozen bagged kind over fresh cut any day.  Let Ore-Ida do all the work!  I will just finish them off at home, they look Great!

My GF is the same way, if we go someplace she usually asks if the fries are frozen or fresh cut. She will eat fresh cut ones but if given a choice frozen every time.
  • #30 by heffneil on 08 Jun 2020
  • Sorry if I wasn't clear! These were Oreda Fast Food frozen fries.  I am NOT cutting fries.  There is a whole religion to double washing and double drying and I don't have time with that.  I have a spatula up my butt to flip steaks and a fryer to watch all 40 feet away from one another.  They were great!

Neil
Pages:
Actions